Getting Ready For the Big Day

Amane's POV
I woke up to hear people running and talking in the hall. It was no sense in trying to go back to sleep now.

Zen had said that when we got back the servants would be getting ready for the wedding, but I never thought they would be this loud.

I got out of bed and went to go change.

I put on a dress that was about knee length. It was black with red details and a corset like top, not an actual corset but it looked kind of like one. I put on a pair of black flats and finished with brushing my hair and teeth.

When I opened the door Obi was standing there about to knock.

"Someone's up early." he cooed.

"Well, with all the servants bustling around it was quite loud." I said, ducking around him to the hall.

Obi looked into my room and something caught his eye. "What's that?" He pointed to a sketchbook that sat on my nightstand.

"It's nothing, just forget about it." I said, I didn't like people looking through my drawings. Most of them were very private.

"Well, now I want to know what it is." he said, playfully as he walked into my room and grabbed the sketchpad from my nightstand. I hadn't drawn in it for a couple of months, but there were still personal drawing inside.

He flipped open the book to the first page, and I quickly slammed it shut, ripping it from his hands.

"Feisty this morning are we?"

"It's impolite to take other people's things without asking." I muttered.

"I just wanted a peek." Obi said, leaning in to me a little.

"This is sort of private. I'd rather you not look in it." I said, looking to the side a little embarrassed.

Obi seemed a little surprised, but he let it go and walked out of the room.

"We have to go over wedding details, so shall we?" he asked.

"The wedding isn't until next month. Why do we have to plan now?" I complained.

"You'll continue saying that and then you'll freak out when it's only one day away." he chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah." I said waving him off.

~Time skip~
Obi and I met with a florist and decided on our flower colors. Now I had to go meet with Eli. I went to my room quickly and grabbed my sketch book.

The reason I didn't want Obi to look inside was because I had dress designs inside. Some for my dress and some for Shirayuki's.

I quickly made my way to see Eli, making sure I didn't bump into Obi.

I cheered silently when I made it safely.

"I'm so excited to do a perfect wedding dress for you!" Eli cheered as soon as she saw me. She crushed me in a bear hug and pulled away when she noticed the sketchbook. "What's this for!?"

"I have been thinking about my dress for a while and I designed a few. I also have designs for Shirayuki's dress as well." I said, handing her the sketchbook.

She quickly flipped through the book and smiled when she saw the last drawing. "This is the one!" she cheered, turning the sketchbook to me.

"I really liked that as well, but I was thinking that it wouldn't look right in white. So, could I possible have a non-traditional dress?" I asked.

"I have the perfect color for it!" Eli cheered. "I also think this would be good for Shirayuki's dress. What are your colors for the wedding?"

"I was thinking of making Shirayuki's dress a teal or mint color." I said.

"That's perfect! I'll get started on these right away!! Now, off you go!" she said pushing me out the door. "I'll bring your sketchbook back when I'm done!"

I sighed with a smile and walked off to find Obi.

'I know Eli will make amazing dresses for me.'

----------------------------------------------
658 words
I hope y'all are excited for Amane and Obi's wedding.

And I'll see y'all next chapter