Chapter Eleven ~ Bambi

Start from the beginning

"Okay," Both Cooper and I agreed at the same time.

While I was relocated to my room, Cooper did not stay around and follow. He just...disappeared.

As we entered into the room, I noticed I was on the children's hospital side, probably since I wasn't older than eighteen. The walls were safari themed, filled with hippos, giraffes, and lions. The bed was a single, with bright green sheets and the floor looked as if it was covered in leaves, but really the leaves were just painted on.

"So this is your room. It's single since your health insurance covers it," she explained, setting different medicine on the bed as well as the traditional blue hospital gown. "I'm going to need you to change into this." I nodded my head. "At nine o'clock before bed, a nurse will come down with your nighttime medicine, but for now just take a few of these to stop from throwing up."

I nodded my head, suddenly feeling quite anti-social. Dr. Maxwell was so sophisticated, I felt quite un-extraordinary beside her.

"Ava, you can talk, sweetheart." She smiled kindly at me, crouching down to my level. "I remember when you used to be so talkative."

"Yeah, well a lot has changed," I muttered, forgetting she was so close she could easily hear.

"Right." She stood straight up into her tall six foot figure, smiling a closed mouth smile and looking at me with pity. "I'll leave you to it then."

And she walked out, shutting the door behind her.

Once the door was closed, I nodded to myself and picked up the blue gown. I took off my Stitch pj shirt that I had been wearing all day.

And right at that moment I heard the clicking of the door opening...

I quickly turned around, covering my body with the shirt in my hand and squealing.

"Shit - Ava sorry!" Cooper yelled, covering his eyes with the coffee that was in his hands.

"Get out!" I screamed at the same moment Cooper slammed the door. Due to maximum embarrassment, my cheeks were a bright cherry red.

As I gained my composer, I wiggled on the gown, keeping on my Stitch shorts to prevent further incidents.

Looking at myself in the mirror beside the door, I realized I really hated my appearance. My eyes looked so dead and dull and my hair was greasy in a messy bun. My whole face was pale, letting all my little bits of acne stand out.

With a huff, I stood back, opening the door for Cooper. He was leaning against the wall rubbing his face, and because of our recent encounter, his ears were red.

"Ava, I-I'm sorry. I thought-"

"H-How about we just forget about it?" I suggested, stopping him from further blabber.

"But-"

"Please Cooper; I really just want to lie down," I cut him off again.

"Okay." Giving in, he followed me into the hospital room and plopped himself down in a pale blue chair close to the bed. I followed close behind, snuggling into the bed.

"I heard Dr. Maxwell was going to phone your grandma," Cooper blurted, but I didn't really catch it because I started to doze off.

"Mm-hm," I nodded as I closed my eyes.

"Ava, did you hear me?" He asked in confusion. "They're going to phone your grandma, the one you just got in a fight with. The one who you called an ogre. The one who has forbidden you to hang out with the very same boy who you're hanging out with."