Chapter 6: Fights and Frights

Hermione woke up slowly, opening her eyes to be staring at a creme ceiling. Where was she? She looked down, noticing that she was lying in a white hospital bed.

Oh yeah. That's what happened. All she remembered was the fight with Lavender. Just as a test, she tried to spread her legs and to her pleasure she realised Madame Pomfrey must've taken the leg-binding curse off her.

"She gets highly strung, that's all" Hermione whipped her head around to see Ron who was sitting in a chair next to her bed.

"What are you doing here?" Hermione demanded.

"Well, what do you think? We're dating and you ended up in the hospital wing because of something Lavender did!" Ron was beginning to shout.

"You mean something your girlfriend did" Hermione said quietly, looking to the left of Ron. He rubbed his temples and released a groan.

"Hermione, you know we're just friends" he said, slamming his hands into his pockets. Hermione scoffed in reply.

"Uh huh" she said with venom dripping from her tone.

"Why do you have to be so difficult?" He asked. Hermione was fuming.

"ME?" she yelled, "don't you DARE say that I'm difficult!" she turned away from Ron, folding her arms.

"You're right. You're right. I'm sorry" the redhead said. Hermione felt triumphant for a second, but the feeling passed when Ron added, "I'm sorry that you're such a bloody problem and I'm sorry that you ended up hanging out with Malfoy. I'm saying sorry for that, but you don't need sympathy do you? Because you loved it" he spat, standing up. Hermione was ready to protest, but realised that was exactly what Ron wanted.

A moment passed between both of them.

"What if I did 'love' it, huh? What if I adored being with Draco! So what?" she smirked. Ron opened his mouth like a fish, but no words came out. "So what?"

Ron shook himself. "I don't really know what you want me to say to that".

"Oh, come on Ron!" Hermione exclaimed, throwing her head back onto her pillow. "You know you've been wanting to say this for a while, you've just never had the guts to bring it up! You have, like me, realised that this relationship we have is completely loveless. So let's just end it!" It felt so good to get that off her chest. Ron scrunched his face up and it went all pink and red.

"Hermione, what the bloody hell?" He rose to his feet abruptly, shaking his fists. Hermione's heart pounded. He wasn't going to hit her, was he? Ron looked so menacing and full of wrath. He softened after a few seconds. "Alright. Fine. Bye" he stormed out of the room.

"Enjoy Lavender!" Hermione yelled bitterly after him.

"Enjoy the deatheater!" She heard Ron call. Hermione was actually quite pleased that she was left alone to her own devices and she was almost a little shocked about how little she cared that she'd just broken up with Ron.

For the first time in what seemed like forever, Hermione was free.

"You're good to go, Granger" Madame Pomfrey bustled into the room, pushing an empty hospital bed with her. "Just stay away from that Lavender character, she's very bad news". Hermione didn't even need to be told to obey that rule. She would, as best as she could, stay away from the venomous oxymoron that was Lavender Brown.

"Yes, I will. Thank you, Madame Pomfrey" Hermione peeled back the bed covers that she was under and walked out of the hospital wing.

When she got to the gryffindor common room, she uttered the password to the fat lady quietly and snuck through the porthole. Once she realised the zone was Lavender-free, she relaxed completely and strolled over to Ginny who was reading on the sofa.

"You're awake!" Ginny's eyes widened as she put her book down onto her lap. "How are you feeling?"

Hermione sat beside her friend. "Fine, actually." Ginny nodded in thankfulness before Hermione continued, "and... I just broke up with Ron"

Ginny raised her eyebrows and very little emotion passed onto her face. "Okay. Though you had already, to be honest. Can we back up a bit; what actually happened in the great hall?"

Hermione cleared her throat. "Well, Lavender went absolutely berserk because I even dared to go next to Ron. She jinxed me and hexed me and everything, punched me, oh Ginny it was horrible and I-" a grim look of realisation was now prominent on Hermione's thin face. "Oh god, my wand".

"What about it?" Ginny asked.

"It skirted off as Lavender was attacking me, oh I hope to merlin that it's not broken, if it is I'll-"

"Hey, it's ok. Let's go and look for it right now." Ginny got to her feet and pulled Hermione up. They left the common room and headed down the many staircases in silence. When they had reached the Great Hall, Hermione sprinted over to the corner of the room where it had skidded off to and to her dismay it had completely gone.

"Oh Ginny. It's gone. What am I going to do?" Hermione crouched down and hid her face behind her hands.

Wow, Hermione is acting much more sensitive than usual. Ginny thought, Maybe she's still weak and frail after the attack.

"It's ok, Mione. I'm sure someone will've handed it in. We can go to M-" a deep voice cut Ginny off immediately.

"Looking for this?" It was Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe, with Hermione's wand dangling in a teasing fashion from Goyle's fingertips. "Come and get it."

******

A/N: Hey guys! So this was a really short chapter (I'm sorry!), I've just been really busy lately so updates will be coming a little slower than usual. I'm glad you're all liking this book so far! Be sure to comment all of your OTP's in the comment section of this paragraph so I can fangirl with you about other ships/cannons! Thank you all for the votes and comments❤️❤️.

Potter on⚡️!

-Potter⚡️