Epilogue

"Are you sure the dress is ok?" I ask,.

"Yes it's perfect, calm down," Lor snaps at me.

"Sorry, it's just, you know you only do this once," I smile sheepishly. She rolls her eyes at me.

"You've done it before," she retorts with a chuckle.

"Yeah, whatever."

Meredith walks in the room, nervously.

"Ready?" She asks me. I take a look at her jittery hands.

"Of course, I've been waiting a while for this you know," I chuckle. She laughs.

"Yeah I know." I help Meredith with one last finishing touch on her hair.

Lor helps make sure everything is in order out there, before I head out. Before I walk down that aisle.

"Ready?" Meredith asks, again.

"Yes, again." I say through gritted teeth. How much more ready could I be in a few minutes?

"Sorry," she chuckles, "I guess I'm just really nervous."

My expression softens and I hug her, careful not to muss her dress.

We exchange smiles, and that's our cue to get out there.

The music starts, and I wait at the corner for everyone to go down before me. It's now that I finally get a good look at everything, and it looks beautiful.

White chairs on a green lawn, with flowers everywhere. We're at a vineyard in northern California, a destination wedding. I'm very happy with the result, more so because there are no roses in sight. Today is not a day for me to turn into a tomato.

The rest of the groomsmen reach the alter, and with a slight shove by someone named Kate, I realize it's my turn.

What, did you think I was at my wedding?

I glance over at Zach, who is sitting with Dan. I smile at him. He winks back. Gosh, how is it he looks so good all the time? I'm sure we'll be 70 and he'll be bald with worse eyesight and I'll still be drooling over him.

I stand next to Lor, and glance around. The groom is here, now it's time for the bride.

Meredith emerges, holding a bouquet of carnations, stunning the crowd in a lace, strapless dress. I glance over at Theo, the groom, and chuckle at how life works out.

Later that day, and after 1,000 pictures, Zach and I walk hand in hand into the reception. Lor and Dan are dancing the night away, taking advantage of the night off from parenthood. Theo and Meredith are sitting next to each other, laughing at something on her phone. We may have gotten there a little late, on accident of course.

We sit at our assigned table with Lor, but we're the only ones there.

"You think we'll be as happy as them at our wedding?" I giggle, nodding to Theo and Mer.

Zach scoots closer to me, slipping a stealth hand around my waist. I blush at the contact but scoot myself closer as well. The scent of his cologne is heavenly, I want to kiss him right there.

"Happier," is all he says before gives me the kiss I craved.

END OF THE STRUGGLES OF GROWING UP