Chapter 21 - Get Over It

Marco Hastington

"No no no!!" I got up and I had this nightmare again and again. I kept having nightmares about Cassie.

I walked out from my room and decided to have a drink by myself. I kept crying as I drink the alcohol. Suddenly I saw my dad entered the kitchen.

I wiped my tears and put the alcohol back to it's place.

"Have a drink with me." He said and I turned to him. He said on the chair and I pulled out the alcohol again. I put the new glass in front of him and poured the alcohol into his glass.

"Until when.. you're going to be like this?" He asked

"I don't know, to be honest I don't know." I said as I drank my alcohol in one shot

"She's gone. Accept the fact, Marco." He said and I scoffed coldly

"Imagine if mom died, dad. You can't say that because you're not in my shoes!" I bursted and he kept calm

"So until when you're going to be like this? Until you die? Should I kill you so you can be with her?" He asked in an angry tone.

"I kept getting nightmares, dad. I kept seeing her everytime I close my eyes. I miss her." I said and tears fell down from my eyes.

"You can't change the fact, Marco. She's gone." He said in a soft tone.

"I still can't accept, dad. I tried everything I can. I got back on training. I got back to work but still.. she lingers in my heart. I tried to get on with other girls.. I just can't. I want her." I said and he looked away.

"This is not somekind of fairytale, Marco. She can't comeback to life. She's dead"

"I know.." I said and that's when everything went black.

I opened my eyes slowly and I looked around. I was in the hospital. I found Matthew and Lauren sitting on the sofa.

"Hey.." Lauren saw me first and she walked to me. She held my hand.

"You okay bud?" Matt asked as he walked to me and I nodded weakly.

"You're stressing out to much. Should we go somewhere for a vacation?" He asked and I shook my head

"No thanks." I said

"I bought your favorite food." Lauren walked back to the sofa and took a plastic bag with her.

"I'm not hungry." I said and Lauren sighed.

"Get in your sense back, Marco." Matthew said and I looked up to him.

"Try to put yourself in my shoes! Stop telling me to move on with my life or asking me to get back in my sense because I can't!" I bursted angrily at him.

"It's not easy, Matthew. It's not easy! Seeing the person you love died in front of you when you still can save her life!"

"I know it's not easy but it's been 6 months, until when? We're all trying our best to get the old you back but it's not working." He asked

"Just give me a little more time, it's not as easy as you think. I've gone to a lot of therapy but it's still not working. I still get nightmares all the time. What are you expecting? For me to heal in a flick? It's not easy.. it's not easy Matthew. It's really not easy" I said and he nodded weakly.

Everyone were visiting me one by one. They're completely confuse how to make me heal. I even don't know how to heal myself. She's gone and I still can't accept that.

It's been 6 monhs but still.. the pain was still there.

My dad gave me a break and I was thankful for that. I often go back and forth to Brazil. I kept trying to help myself to heal. I kept traveling to the places that I've been with Cassie.

I even went back to Japan. I ate, I stayed, I went and did everything thay I did with Cassie. Call me crazy but that's how crazy I am for this girl.

I'm starting to get better.. It was really hard for me to struggle everything alone but as the time goes by.. I fix myself.

"How about we go on a vacation?" Axel asked and I nodded.

"It's been awhile since we have a vacation together right?" Brandon asked.

"Where are we going?" I asked

"Swiss. How's Swiss?" Crystal suggested

"Just plan it." Lauren said

"You're coming right?" Cailey asked and I nodded weakly. They all so glad that I come with them. I'm quite happy that I slowly get back into my old self. I was really hard but my friends and family never stop supporting me.

"I'm glad that my Marco is back" Andrew hugged me

"Thanks for helping me too." I said

"Let's have fun okay? Forget about work for awhile." Dylan said as he patted my shoulder. I nodded and can't help but excited for this holiday.

We got home and I quickly took a shower to get ready to celebrate my dad's birthday. I bought him a gift, he's been wanting this watch and I got him after fighting against a lot of people.

"Happybirthday again, dad." I hugged my dad and he patted my back a few times

"Thankyou boy, any presents?"

"Geez, you've been waiting for it that much?" I joked and he laughed. I took out the bag from my back and gave it to him. He raised his eyebrows looking at it.

"Don't tell me you're giving me my old socks again?" He looked at me suspiciously, I laughed.

"Just open it, will you?" I said. He took out the smaller bag inside it and pulled out the box.

"No way!!!! Dude no way!!!!" He jumped in excitement. My family laughed alone.

"Wait.. are you pranking me? Don't tell me you put my old socks inside this box?"

"Just open it, you idiot!" My mom hissed and he opened the box.

"Happybirthday dad.." I said and he hugged me tightly.

"Thankyou son!"

"Now my turn!!!!" Lauren said cheerly. I'm glad that I'm back to my own self. I'm still sad sometimes but I learned to get over it.