Wattpad Original
Mayroong 10 pang mga libreng parte

Chapter One

Chapter One

Sa sobrang kaba at takot ay gusto ko na lang tumakbo at magtago sa ilalim ng kama o kaya gusto kong bumuka ang lupa at lamunin ako nang buo at wala nang plano pang magpakita sa mundo.

Gusto kong bumalik sa bahay namin at kulitin nang walang humpay ang kapatid ko imbis na pumasok ako rito sa academy na 'to. I missed home. I missed life back in Eraie. I missed my old classmates. I missed my old school.

Pumikit ako, breathing in deep breaths as I counted to ten to control myself. Inalala ko ang nangyari sa pamilya sa buong taong ito and reminded myself why we moved here in the first place. I am here now. I can't step back and run. I can't do that to mama.

Mama insisted that I will be safe here. Pagpasok ko pa lang kanina, the tall Academy gates gave the illusion of safety. There were also tall concrete walls that hid Sinclaire Academy from the eyes of outsiders and I believe there were also magic walls made by other creatures as an added bonus to the so-called 'safety'. Habang pinagmamasdan ko ang matatayog na pader kanina, I couldn't help but think if they're really protecting us from the outside world. Was it really safe to live inside a huge place full of vampires?

Humans murdered by vampires weren't new. It has happened before and will happen again. No matter how much their kind controlled themselves in front of humans, some will still give in.

Hindi kasi lahat ng vampires ay under ng blood diet. It was their promise to a new world. A safer one for the ones below them in the Pyramid. They knew how their body worked and siguro alam din nila kung paano solusyonan ang problemang sila ang nagsimula. I didn't know how they did it but rumors say that they were testing the formulas here in Sinclaire Academy. Or maybe that's not a rumor anymore? Malalaman ko rin ang sagot once I see the students. I kind of pitied them after knowing that. They've willingly become experiments. An effort from their generation to keep on coexisting with us.

That still didn't change the fact na may namamatay na katulad ko sa mga kamay nila. Alam ko lang ay may iilang Rogue vampires ang kumakalat sa Hangrove and they'll do anything to feed on human blood. The biggest population was in here; of course, every level from the Pyramid was present. Even the end one. Kaya nga maraming Vampire Hunters Associations ang nabubuo dahil sa mga uncontrollable thirst ng mga vampire na 'yon and the main one was based here in Hangrove where all the action happens. The Association was basically my kind's answer to them.

"Follow me, Ms. Walter."

Para akong pinagsakluban ng langit at lupa nang marinig ko ulit ang boses niya. Wala na akong nagawa kundi sumunod na lang nang magsimula na siyang maglakad. Sa sobrang laki ng Academy na 'to, panigurado mawawala talaga ko. Ako pa naman 'yong hindi magaling sa direksyon. Kahit na nag-aalangan pa akong pumasok dito kaninang umaga, hindi ko maipagkakailang sobrang ganda talaga nitong Academy na 'to.

They said it's a privilege to be accepted here. Right now, I don't feel so privileged.

I still can't believe I was following one of them right now. It's like I was following her to my doom. Okay, maybe I was just overreacting. Kinakabahan lang talaga ako!

Drinking human blood was strictly prohibited here, 'yon ang sabi sa 'kin. That's why the blood diet was tested here and ever since the Academy started, vampires fed on alternative bloods to quench their thirst. I hope na 'yon talaga ang nangyayari dito. All I knew was the rules for humans dahil Human Student Handbook ang binigay sa 'kin. I only skimmed through the rest after reading the rules and regulations. Na-conclude ko tuloy na parang ang boring ng school year dito unlike my old school na puno ng events and iba rin ang curriculum dito. I guess I have to find out all of it as I go.