Chapter 25: The Bogel✔️

Start from the beginning

"What is it?" I ask, watching his eyes take me in, letting him hold me close for the few moments we have before we must get to business.

"It's mating seas-" Is all he gets out before we are interrupted by Dagon, a few guards behind him.

"There's been an attack."

And my world seems to topple for a moment as Rhovan immediately goes into action, telling Dagon to stay by my side as he rushes off to access the threat.

"Don't worry. They aren't here. It's a bogel, nothing to worry your head about Imp." He begins, but I am frozen to my spot.

A bogel.

Is it the one that chased me. Has it lead them here?

I do not stop as Dagon yells. I do not stop as the guards try to restrain me, only to have me slip from their grip, my magyk helping me make my body like oil until I am past them, heading for our home, grabbing my bow and arrows that Rhovan had let me keep in case of emergencies and racing in the direction I can feel my mate heading.

It does not take me long to find him, looking at a younger girl, maybe 20 in years, sucked dry of her spirit, barely clinging to life.

"Take her to the healer." Rhovan says and before he can make another order I am passing them, following a path that I hardly know, but knowing in my gut that the creature had gone this way.

I pull strength from my mates soul, scared but unable to stop until I catch the creature, until I kill it with my bare hands.

It's darkness is close and I clutch my protection charm as I see it skirt across my vision, it's depthless eyes greeting me, it's shadowed body hiding behind a tree, leering at its prey.

We meet again.

It's voice echoes, though we are not in an enclosed space.

I do not wait any longer as I draw my arrow back and let it fly straight into its head, my magyk following in its wake, bursting a whole straight through it.

My mate soon finds me, guards close behind, all baring witness to me as I struck this creature.

I turn, thinking I've won until Rhovan screams, flinging his hands about until he weaves a spell that smells of death, letting it fly until it collides with the creatures remains, so close to my feet that in another moment, I, would have been the one to die.

"Ya were reckless Gilryn, so reckless with ya're life! I told ya to stay where you were! I told Dagon to watch over ya and in the next moment I see ya racing past me, right into the path of an enemy that could have killed ya!" He's babbling, yelling and screaming and I'm frozen, unable to fully process what had just happened.

"It's the same." I say quietly.

"What do ya mean it's the same! Ya put your life in danger! I know how to deal with these creatures, ya do not! I-"

"The bogel. It's the one that chased me when I was still in Ellavorn, when I was on the outskirts of the Everforest. It's the same!" I scream, Rhovan realizing where my thoughts are headed and calling an immediate lockdown, men and women heading to their homes as warriors gear up, surrounding their boundaries as Rhovan half drags, half carries me home.

"Stay this time, just until I know we're safe. Promise me?" He asks, and with the look in his eyes I decide to listen, to lock the door behind him as he kisses my forehead.

That night I await, feeling the anxiety that he feels in waves as he runs the perimeter, finding nothing amiss, heading to Nel, asking her to raise her barriers, to keep them up for a few days, though he knows this will tax her.

I try to give him space, to stay out of his mind, but it's hard when all I want to do is stay by his side, to help in any way I can. It's hard when I know he's with Morrigan, when I know that he's found out, that he's seething at the knowledge that has been kept from him by the son he has raised as his own.

I don't say anything the next morning, when he finally climbs into bed. I had been up all night, just as he, but I relax as he kisses my neck, pulling me to him.

"Ya shouldn't have endangered ya're self like that, my star." He whispers into my ear.

"I won't apologize for doing what I thought was right." I say. I need to stand my ground if I am to be respected around here.

"I know what ya thought, but I saw ya're life flash before my eyes. I thought I would lose ya so easily." The hurt in his voice gives me pause, but before I can say another word, he has pulled me closer still, pulling me atop him and I do not speak as I find his lips, as I grind my hips into his, letting him feel what I feel for him, how much I want to protect him with my own strength.

And he doesn't protest as I ride atop him, clutching his hair in my grasp, letting my magyk, send waves of pleasure into his skin for the first time, letting it play for the first time in a long time.

And play it does as I bring every sound I can from his lips, as I let him see the ache I feel for him, his own magyk joining in on the fun, softly touching my pleasure receptors, blowing a whisping breeze against my ears, making me shiver as I finally combust, allowing him to take over, to pull my hips down in a bruising grasp as he soon follows.

"Don't ever scare me like that again." He says before falling into the void of sleep.