The Cupid Touch

What if you had a power you couldn't control? What if you could make everyone you cared about fall in love with their perfect match, and live happily ever after?

And what if the only person it wouldn't work on was you?

Helena Morgan is a smart, sarcastic math student in her final year of MIT. She refuses to date, or to even get close to anyone male, and her friendships with her girlfriends have a bad habit of ending after a few months.

But Helena isn't the hard person she appears to be. She has a secret; one that has made toughness necessary for her own survival.

Helena creates fairytale happy endings, for everyone except herself. Every friend she's ever had has ditched her for their all-consuming new love interest, and the few times she's had boyfriends, they've suddenly found themselves head over heels for someone else...

But the devastatingly hot new boy Joseph Moritz doesn't want to take no for an answer. The more Helena pushes him away, the more determined he is that they're meant to be together. She finds herself drawn into his world, one where his younger brother needs his protection from the increasingly bad people he's got involved with, and one where risks are a part of everyday life.

She knows she shouldn't let herself get close to him, but something in Helena is aching to stop fighting. Is there a chance she might get to hang on to Joe, or will she lose him? And is it even worth the risk?

Author: GythaLodge

Status: Completed