The Hotel...And A Rude Taxi Driver.

We hopped In the back seat of the taxi, and told the driver where we were going.

"Take us as close to the airport as possible with 20 dollars, please."

"Alright." said the taxi driver and drove off.

After about ten minutes of silence, I saw that Joey was asleep.

I smiled, he's so adorable.

I decided I would let him sleep for now, until we had to get out.

"So, where ya heading? If you don't mind me asking" Said the taxi driver.

I didn't really want to tell him since we were running away, so I made something up quick.

"We're...going to Michigan.. to visit our.. cousin." I said, hoping he didn't notice my lie.

"And your parents are just letting you go alone with that little boy?"

Too far bro.

"Yes. I'm fifteen. I can handle myself and my little brother." I said, with attitude.

"Alrighty then. For 20 dollars we should be as far as we can go in ten minutes. Are you okay with me leaving you off at the streets?"

"Yes, we'll be fine." I said, still pissed off at his question before.

*ten minutes later*

I thanked the driver and paid him.

I tried to wake up Joey, but he refused to get up and walk. Once again, I was carrying him on my back.

After walking for what I assumed was 2 or 3 miles, Joey finally wake up and said he would walk.

"Spencer, when are we gonna be there I'm bored. And hungry. And still tired." Joey whined.

"In another day. Here, have some chips." I said, handing him some a small bag of chips and a juice box.

"Can you please tell me why we are running away again?" He said putting a chip in his mouth.

"Well, ever since I started middle school, when you were four, those mean cheerleaders who tried to hurt you, mom, and I, have been bullying me and hurting me. I never thought they would come to our house, but when they did I had to save you and mom. So i did. I killed three girls, or at least hurt them, and now we have to run away so we don't get caught. It's kinda like were just running away from the bad guys.

"Oh. Well when are the bad guys gonna be gone so we can go back home? I miss mom." He said with disappointment written all over his face.

"I don't know when we can go back." I said. I wanted to say that we were never going back, but I didn't want to scare him, or make him feel bad. He didn't need that right now.

After more miles of what seemed like endless roads, it was starting to get dark and we were only 15 miles from the airport now. We would go into town tonight and get a cheap hotel. In the morning we would get another taxi to the airport.

After 1 or 2 more miles of walking, we got to a cheap motel. We walked in and checked in.

"Can we get a room for two please?" I said to the lady at the desk.

"Sure. How many nights will you be staying?"

"Just tonight and then leave tomorrow morning."

"Alright. That will be 100 dollars, please." Said the lady.

I gave her the money, thankfully we brought 1000 dollars, I was surprised my mom had that much money in her purse. We walked to our room, locked the door and sat down on the beds.

"Stay here Joey. I'm gonna go take a shower. You can play with your toys or watch tv or something." I said to Joey.

I turned the tv on, and got one of his toys out. I also got him some fruit snacks.

I went into the small bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror.

"I look like fucking shit." I whispered to myself.

I washed off the remains of my makeup and hopped into the shower, yet again seeing the cuts and bruises all over my body.

I got out of the shower and dried off.

I walked back into the room where Joey was still playing with his toys.

"Hey you gotta take a shower too, kiddo."

"Do I have to? I hate taking showers" he whined.

"If you take a shower I'll get you an ice cream when we get to California." I said with a wink.

He smiled, dropped his toys, and sprinted into the bathroom.

I turned on the news channel, to see if anything about us was on. Once I turned the tv on, and there was a story that might of related to us.

I felt my heart sink to my stomach and break into a million pieces.