Chapter Fourteen

I decided to set the alarm on my new phone so that I could wake up before anyone else and wouldn’t have to interact with anyone, hopefully. It worked, my appointment is for 9:45am and I got up at 8:30am.

I got up and took a quick cold shower then had a little light breakfast. I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to eat before hand so I was cautious. After I had breakfast mum got up and made her tea. I said good morning to her but that was about it; I’m not even sure if she said it back to me. I climbed to stairs fast as I heard Harry getting up and I rushed to the bathroom.

I heard him groan when he tried to open the door and it was locked. I smiled to myself in the mirror like a creepy person as I heard his bedroom door close loudly.

I brushed my teeth really well then put on a bit of Chap Stick. I left the bathroom at exactly 9:10 meaning Harry only had about ten minutes before we had to leave. Oops sorry… not.

**

“Good morning Miss. Cox, its good to see you guys again!” the receptionist spoke as we entered the little Dental/Orthodontist office, its old smell and wallpaper screaming at us.

This place never fails to make me feel nervous and uncomfortable. They took Harry in to check and see if his teeth are staying straight and Dr. Crystal loves him so I'm sure it was more chat than check-up.

Harry is still so dependant on our mum whether he likes it or not; he is truly a momma’s boy. She got him an appointment while I was going to be here to “kill two birds with one stone.” I do believe she said.

Right as I was about to be escorted off to the room all set up for me, Harry came out and I heard Gemma mutter “That was fast.”

Jackie, the dental assistant ushered me into a room and told me to take a seat. I sat in the cold, hard leather chair and my hands were shaking. I was really nervous, I’ve always hated the dentist and this was about the test me.

“I’m just going to go talk to the Dr. Crystal and your mum, I’ll be right back, alright love?” she asked and I nodded to freaked out to talk. She walked out of the room and I looked over my shoulder seeing my mum stand up and walk out of my sight with the other two.

My gaze shifted over to Gemma and she gave me a reassuring smile and a thumbs up before I noticed Harry on the phone, his face holding a frowned expression.

He looked up and his eyes met mine, and it seemed as if his frown got deeper, before he got up and walked away. With that I turned back around and faced straight forward in my chair, waiting for the dentist to come back in.

Jackie came back in with a bunch of different brackets and wire for the braces and I got even more nervous, no scared, if it was even possible to get more scared.

“How’s school sweetie?” She asked trying to take my mind off of the inevitable. “Its uh good.” I replied. “Don’t be nervous sweetheart, everything will be okay.” She said but was drowned out by Harry and my mum.

“Mum I can’t wait any longer I have to get going, my flight is at one.” Harry said his tone harsh and snotty.

“Harry you have plenty of time to catch your flight and still be here for your sister.” Mum said trying to persuade Harry that he would still make his flight.

Gee I wonder where he is jetting off to now. Probably L.A. because the UK and his family isn’t good enough for him anymore. All this time I thought that he wouldn’t skip out on us again and here he goes spending his off time away from the ones who see him the least. I guess we don’t matter, I guess I was wrong in thinking he had changed.

“Fine Harry go. I love you, have a safe flight.” Mum said and I heard Harry leave saying a quiet ‘bye’ to Gemma before exiting the office.

“Are you going to be alright Ellie?” Jackie asked me, pulling me from my previous thoughts. I took a deep breathe and looked up at her, the LED light shining behind her and the sun light as well making it hard for me to see her face but I nodded.

“Yeah I’m okay, lets just get this over with…” I remarked giving in.

Giving up…

**

“Ellie stop messing around with your mouth, the more you run your tongue over them the more you will notice they are there. Stop it.” My mum said laughing at my obsessive checking of my braces.

“It just feels so…weird.” I said once again running my tongue from one side of my mouth to the other.

We were on out way home after dropping Gem off at the shopping centre to meet friends. “I think we better go get you some soup, Dr. Crystal said that your teeth will start to hurt in a few hours so soup will help.” Mum said as we pulled into a little local parking lot.

**

We got home a little after 12pm and I went for a nap, trying to sleep a little of the jet lag off.

I was awoken to the sound of my mums yelling, I must be back home.

“Ellie! Its 8:15pm get up! I made you some soup!” she called up the stairs and I slowly walked down them, rubbing the sleep from my eyes in the mean time.

“After you finish up I want you to unpack your suitcase then the night is yours.” She said before kissing my head and heading to the basement with her book.

I ate the soup, while texting Abby and just messing around with my phone when I noticed the pain that my teeth and jaw were in. I was almost done my soup but the pain only intensified and I couldn’t eat anymore. I got up holding my mouth and put my bowl in the sink.

I ran back upstairs and looked for some medicine to take but then remembered that I hadn’t told mum or anyone that I needed more painkillers so I found the empty jar in the bathroom.

I figured I could tough it out and ignore it, maybe I’ll go back to bed and sleep it off.

Once I had finished unpacking my bag and having a 40 minute hot shower the pain had not subsided nor had it gotten better. I flopped back onto my bed and sighed reaching for my phone again.

I felt tears of pain welling up in my eyes as I tried my best to dial up Abby’s number to vent to her. Lucky she has perfect teeth and doesn’t have to get braces.

I was in so much discomfort that I didn’t hear Abby clearly when she answered my call, instead I just cried out,

“My teeth hurt so bad, ugh I hate this, why me?” my tears and gasps becoming worse than I thought they would.

“Ellie?” the one voice I didn’t expect to hear asked and I immediately ‘sobered’ up you could say.

“Shawn?”    

Oops…

**

an; sorry so sorry for such a long wait, I was trying to update and prepare for stuff at school. Here’s an meh chapter, towards the end it was sort of filler ish but anywhooo. – n.