Prologue

In the middle of a grand hall, a young woman dressed in white was forced to her knees. Enchanted rope tied around her wrists and staked to the floor. Keeping her from using her magic or escaping. Circling her were five platinum white orbs of light, floating several feet in the air. She knew who they were and their awesome powers, but the young woman held her head high.

"The time has come, to pass judgment on you Impela." A wraith-like force emitted from one of the orbs as it spoke, sending goosebumps down Impela's back. "We overlooked your reckless actions for a millennium, but we cannot let this go unchecked!"

Impela rolled her eyes and scoffed. "A cursed soul was so close to obtaining his greatest desire. I did my duty and stopped him, but somehow I'M the one you punish?!"

"We are aware of what is happening! But the six of us swear an oath to NEVER reveal ourselves to the humans!" Claimed another orb.

Impela glared at them. "And look at what has happened so far! The soul has taken the kingdom that I protect! The magic they've acquired is nothing like I've ever seen! But instead of defending the kingdom you've pulled me away in the middle of a fight!"

"So, you presented yourself to a mere necromancer!? He poses no threat to us!"

"This 'mere necromancer' was able to get through! He took the kingdom for his own! Somehow, he has knowledge of our weaknesses! Sooner or later he will try again, then destroy us!" Shouted Impela.

"ENOUGH!" Another orb bellowed. "Our word is final! You broke the oath!!"

The 5 orbs grew brighter and brighter changing, taking human shape. The first orb took the shape of a middle-aged woman, her honey tan skin had a few wrinkles. Long gray and black hair halfway pulled into a bun letting the rest cascade down her back. A few locks settled on her chest. She stood straight and her head held high, dressed in a bright sky blue and white dress. Upon her head was an intricate crown. With gold and gemstone beads hanging from the band.

The second orb transformed into a middle-aged man. His ebony skin showed years of knowledge and wisdom. As he stood tall dressed in a dark blue undershirt. A brown sash tied around his waist and a dark red robe draped over his body. Placed on his short white hair was a tall gold crown.

The third orb took the shape of a man looking much younger than the first two. He had a muscular frame, sporting a dark leather tunic and reddish-orange armor. Patterns giving the armor look like it was on fire. On his right hip laid a magnificent sword that gleamed in the light and a feathered helm protecting his head. Draped on his back were a large bow and a quiver filled with white feathered arrows.

The last two orbs transformed into twins, one a man the other a woman. The brother dressed in a green robe with dark green tassels on his shoulders. And a dark green sash with silver embroidery tied around his waist. The sister dressed in a rich red underdress with gold embroidery and a solid red sheer overcoat. A gold belt fastened around her hips and draped over her shoulders was snow-white fur.

"Impela, we know that your intentions were for our safety. But breaking our oldest oath cannot go unpunished." The middle-aged man proclaimed.

Impela took a deep breath, trying to keep her emotions in check. She turned to the older woman, silently pleading for someone to understand her actions.

"What she did was reckless," She said. "But Impela is right about one thing, my love: we cannot leave the sapphire unprotected."

The middle-aged man stood quiet for a minute, overlooking the possible future of the sapphire. "Impela...you will continue to guard the sapphire. But in a different life," The young goddess's eyes grew wide with dread. "Your punishment is reincarnation!"

"WHAT!?" Everyone shouted. He and his wife ignored their angry shouts.

"Father, this is insane! She doesn't deserve a second chance! And do you think that a human from this realm could be a guardian?" Shouted one of the twins.

"Yes, I do...but it won't be a human from this realm." Before anyone could ask him the meaning behind his words the older gentleman raised his hand. The ropes that bind Impela disappeared and a gold surrounded Impela. As the light grew brighter, she felt a humming sensation traveling through her body. Her form began to change, her body disappeared turning into an orb.

"My love, I don't disagree with the punishment, but to put the trust of the gem in the hands of the human not even from this world?" Said the middle-aged women.

"You have nothing to fear, the force inside the sapphire will test them when the time comes. And then we make sure they become the perfect guardian."