Forty-Nine

I slowly slide my finger across the screen answering the phone. "Hello.." I say quietly into the phone. I move my phone away from my ear and put it on speaker, Cameron tensing a bit when he reads the caller ID.

"Callie," She breaths quietly, as if she's been crying. "What?" I ask softly as Cameron shifts a bit. "How are you?" She asks me, softly and quietly. Sniffling a little bit. "Fine." I answer sharply before sighing.

"How about you?" I ask her sitting up and pulling my legs into a cris cross position, my phone in my hand as I stare down at it. "Not so good." She answers, clearly crying now and it made my heart stop and it hurt hearing her crying.

"Why not so good? Are you okay?" I ask as worry slowly starts flooding over me. "I just.. There's a lot to explain.. I just, I don't know what to do.." She says, just barely audible. "Well, are you okay? Where are you? Are you safe?" I ask quickly as I run my empty hand through my hair.

"Not really. I'm at a park down the street from the house..." She trails off and I squint my eyes trying to figure out what park she's talking about. Finally I realise it's the one I talked to Cat at and used to go to all the time when I was little.

"Why are you not at home? It's literally one in the morning," I say as I feel a hand on my thigh, I glance up at Cameron and smile slightly as he just stares at me for a few moments. "I can't explain it." She says, her voice cracking and I could slowly feel my heart breaking.

"Do I need to come get you or something? Are you okay? I just wanna make sure your safe, your at a park, at one in the morning, by yourself. That's not safe. I think you should go home," I rush out. "Callie, no matter whether I'm home or not, I'm never safe." She sighs.

"What's going on? Your freaking me out." I groan, Cameron slowly pulling me into his lap, I rest my head on his shoulder staring down at my phone. "Where's Angel?" She asks. "He's at home.." I say starting to get frustrated.

"Where are you?" She asks me, calmer then she was before. Like as if nothing has happened between us and everything is perfectly fine. When it's not and she's seriously giving me whiplash with these mood swings.

"I'm at Cameron's.." I say grabbing Cameron's hand with my free hand. "Oh yeah, I heard you two are finally together." She mumbles. I could almost imagine her sitting on a park bench, holding the phone to her ear with tears running down her face and that thought made me wanna drive there and just hug her.

"Yeah, that's nice, I'm coming to that park. Stay there." I say standing up on the bed and jumping off, pulling my shoes on and my jacket. "No need. Your all the way in Chino Hills, that's a far drive." She says as I pick up my keys from the nigthtstand and grab my purse.

"Wait for me," Cameron calls after me as I open his door. I stand there for a few moments as he puts on his shirt and shoes. "I don't care, I'm on my way, do not move from the spot your in." I say as Cameron walks up behind me grabbing my hand and I walk quickly to my car with Cameron following behind me, his hand letting go of mine as he slips into the passenger seat of the car.

"Callie, there's no use.." She mumbles, I can hear shuffling in the back from her walking. "No, stop. Don't move." I say starting my car and reversing out of the driveway, speeding, way over the speed limit to the freeway.

"Cameron call Angel," I say quickly as I hear car tires screeching from the other end of the line. "It's to late.." She whispers and I pick up my speed, Cameron handing me his phone seeing that Angel was on the phone.

"Helloooo." He says into the phone as I set my phone on my thigh, putting Cameron's up to my ear. "Angel, I need you to go to the park down the street from our old house, please." I say, getting more worried by the minute. "What why?" He asks and I groan.