Chapter 4

The sound of my very annoying alarm clock woke me up the next morning. I rolled over and looked at the time, 6:45am. Groaning I hit the alarm to turn it off. The beeping stopped and I roll over to look out the window like I do every morning. After about ten minutes of looking outside Rylie crawled up my bed. She sat next to me and started licking my face.

"Alright, alright I'm up." I said and pushed Rylie off me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before getting out of bed and starting my day.

Another five minutes pass and I dressed myself in a pair of grey cargo sweat pants and my old faded warped tour t-shirt. I walked into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I washed the sleep away and put in my contacts. When I was done I walked out of my room and went to the kitchen. I fed Rylie and made myself a bowl of cereal. After I was done I let Rylie out and took all of my medication.

Rylie was waiting for me when I got to the back door. I opened the door and let her in. She ran straight into the kitchen and sat next to her bowl.

"You want a treat don't ya?" I asked. She barked and I smiled. I made my way over to the fridge and got her a carrot. Rylie sat and waited patiently until I gave her the treat.

After I made sure Rylie was happy I went over to the cookie jar and pulled out the wad of money mom left me. I grabbed some money pulled out and put the rest back into the jar. I put my feet into my tan Ugg slippers and pulled on my black sweatshirt. I looked myself over in the mirror and ran my fingers through my hair. About five minutes later I decided I looked decent enough.

"Be good Rylie." I said and grabbed my backpack. She walked over, her tail waging like crazy. I gave her a quick pat on the head and walked out the door.

I locked the door behind me and made my way to my truck, hopped in and started driving toward school. My mind was somewhat at ease as I pulled into the parking lot. I got a good spot that was somewhat close to the door. I started to get excited knowing I get to see my friend Kristen.

With excitement and happiness coursing through me I exited my car and walked into school. Going to my locker first thing in the morning was the beginning to my routine. After grabbing what I needed out of my locker I was about to shut the door when somebody slammed in shut behind me and knocked my notebook out of my hand. I looked up from my book that's now on the floor and found some jocks laughing and high-fiving his friend as he walked down the hallway.

Well at least I got everything I needed out of my locker before he shut it. I bent down to pick up my notebook and when I got back up Kristen was standing right next to me. I jumped and she laughed.

"Don't do that again." I said as my good mood faded.

"Good morning to you too." She responded and giggled as I started walking to the computer lab.

I could hear Kristen run a little to catch up to me as we continued to walk to the computer lab. We pressed on and were almost there when Kristen broke the silence.

"I'm sorry about yesterday."

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"I'm talking about your house. I didn't mean" I cut her off.

"Kristen it's fine don't worry about it." I said and continued walking.

"A few of my friends and I are going down to the beach to have a bonfire tomorrow if you want to meet us." Kristen said.

"Maybe just let me know what time."

It felt nice to be included in her plans. This party might be a nice way to start having a social life again. We walked the rest of the way to the computer lab and met up with the rest of the class.