Chapter 17

I knew exactly what he was talking about and I couldn't help but look away from him. My twiddling thumbs became very interesting and my brows knit together when I feel Harry watching me, still. I glance his way again, he looks expectant and watches me as I stiffen my shoulders and back.

"What do you want to know?" I ask timidly, I really hate reciting my past, but I did promise him.

"Everything." he stated in the most cliché way ever. I sighed and started from the beginning.

"It was April, last year, and I was at a party with a couple friends, and they ditched me. I was pissed and I think someone spiked my drink. I went outside for some fresh air and maybe some help and there was this great guy who helped me get home and I gave him my number in my drunken state. He said his name was Trent." I report. My voice cracked at the mention of his name and Harry knitted his brows in fustration.

"How old were you then?" he asks simply.

"16" His expression turns cold and is the complete opposite of what I need right now. He nods expecting me to continue.

"He came to my house the next day, but I couldn't remember him so I closed the door in his face, thinking he was crazy. He called me on my mobile and I was startled that I had his name on caller ID. I went back out the front door and he was leaning against his car. I apologised for slamming the door in his face and he explained who he was and what happened, turns out he gave me a hickey when he dropped me off. He asked me out on a date and I guess I thought he was nice..." I trail off. Harry's expression turns angry when I said he was nice, so I hurry to continue. "We went on a couple dates and he was really nice. This one night he took me to a club and got me drunk again. I woke up in his house the next day, with no clothes. He never gave them back." I pause to run my hand through my hair.

"Did he..."

"I don't know." I cut across him. "He wouldn't tell me anything. I didn't know where I was, how to get home, what happened... I was scared. He kept me in his room for maybe a week, I didn't have any food, just water. I was so weak," my face is cold and wet, my voice cracking every now and then, "he didn't have much trouble drugging me in the end, feeding me left over pizza crusts. He took the water away after another week, gave me only alcohol. The one time I got knocked out, I woke up in handcuffs tied to an old bed. And they..." I breath in deep and my voice hitches, my head lands in my hands and endless sobs fall from my mouth. The memory alone brings back so much pain. Why did he have to know?

Harry places a hand on my back, but it's cold and uncomfortable, as if ice was laid on my back. I shrug him off. "I'm sorry, just don't, it won't help." I mumble through odd noises.

Apart from my continuous sniffing and deep hitched breathing it's quiet. I silence myself abruptly and look around the room for a Harry who disappeared. I close my eyes and try to steady my breathing. Deep breaths, deep breaths.

"Here," he appears in front of me and hands me a glass of water.

"Thanks" I croak. I sip the water and avoid eye contact with Harry.

"How did- I mean you escaped." he stated although it seemed as if he knew more than that.

"Yeah," I gulped. "My birthday, a man came and took him outside. Police came soon after and I was put on a gurney. I blacked out on the way to the hospital."

"Oh," was all he said. We sat in painful silence as I felt myself drift back to sleep.

A.N. Yo mofos! Jk jk. THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH FOR THE 420 READS!!! CAN'T BELIEVE IT! X X

My recommended fanfic is...

the journal - h.s

I. FUCKING. LOVE. THIS. BOOK. HARRY IS CREATIVE AND MYSTERIOUS BUT SO DAMN ADORABLE! Really love the name Amber too x

Lurrrrv,

Mama Hermit x