14 | the breakfast club crush

USUALLY at this time, Jimin would be sound asleep. Instead, he was watching The Breakfast Club for the millionth time and texting Taehyung. It was late into the night. He had originally just been watching a movie to pass the time until Jungkook came home, but now it was nearly four a.m and the younger still hadn't walked into the room. Jimin figured he was still with Hani, or lying dead in a ditch somewhere, but he still wished the younger would've contacted him and told him he was coming home late.

Jimin sighed, telling himself that Jungkook had no reason to contact him of his whereabouts.

The door opening brought him out of his trance. He smiled and sat up. Except it wasn't Jungkook who came through the door, it was Taehyung.

"O-oh." Jimin muttered, slumping down, letting his smile fall a little.

"Sorry, were you expecting someone else?" Taehyung smiled, teasing tone playing on his words. He removed his jacket and hung it up.

"N-no, uh, what are y-you d-doing here?"

"You're watching The Breakfast Club, how could I not be here?" Taehyung chuckled, motioning for Jimin to move over. Jimin rolled his eyes and sat against the wall, smiling a bit as Taehyung sat next to him and pulled a blanket over the two of them. Jimin's laptop rested on his lap as Taehyung put his head on his chest and wrapped an arm around his waist.

"Where's Jungkook?"

"D-Don't know."

"He's not back?"

Jimin shook his head.

Taehyung nodded, "So that's why you looked disappointed to see me."

"I w-wasn't dis-disappointed-"

"Yes you were, when you saw I wasn't Jungkook you got all sad."

Jimin frowned, "I-I'm sorry."

"It's cool," Taehyung smiled, "Of course you'd be worried when your boyfriend's out with a girl late at night."

"Shut up." Jimin snapped playfully, turning his attention to the movie. It was still pretty early into the movie.

Taehyung chuckled softly, looking up at Jimin from his place in his arms. His smile faded a bit as he watched the way that Jimin watched the movie, his lips pressed into a tight line and his eyes glittering with worry, and just for a second, something else that Taehyung couldn't quite place.

"D-Did you come h-here to stare at me o-or to watch the movie?"

"Both."

Jimin rolled his eyes again and lightly hit Taehyung's arm. It was a kind of awkward hit considering his arm was wrapped around Taehyung's shoulders.

They watched the movie and the whole time Jimin couldn't help but glance at the door constantly. Taehyung had noticed it after the fifth time, but didn't bother announcing it. Instead he just sighed softly and cuddled into Jimin, his head rolling into a comfortable position. Jimin could feel Taehyung's breath on his neck, and while it tickled, it was honestly the last thing on his mind right now.

They finished the movie in no time. Taehyung smiled, "God that's such a good fucking movie!"

He frowned when he didn't get a response. He looked up at Jimin, who was now just flat out staring at the door. Taehyung watched for a bit before lightly nudging Jimin with his hand. After a minute and so of no response, Taehyung called his name and tried again, this time harder, "Jimin."

"Hm?"

"The movie is over-"

"Mhm." Jimin nodded, not taking his eyes off the door.

Taehyung bit the inside of his cheek and tore himself away from Jimin, this time catching the elder's attention.

"Where a-are you g-going?"

"Back to my dorm- I've got class in an hour, I need to shower."

"Yo-You can use our sh-shower."

"Nah, it's fine." Taehyung smiled a bit, "I've got to grab my stuff anyway."

"Oh, okay." Jimin nodded, "Well b-bye."

"I'll text you or something."

Jimin hummed.

Taehyung lingered for a second before waving. He exited the room with one glance over his shoulder at Jimin, who was now staring blankly at Jungkook's bed. He sighed, closing the door behind him.

🌸
idk.