Of Singing And Its Relations

"I think we should break up."

What?

What the hell was that text message. As far as he knows, he hasn't done anything wrong, well, not recently. The last fight they had was about a week ago (more like his girlfriend started a fight just for the heck of it), when she accused him of not giving her kisses before he leaves for work. And so he made sure to kiss her goodbye when he left their house this morning, so what the hell was wrong now. His girlfriend, Callie must be playing with him again. Hopefully, she's just playing with him again.

It was a busy day in the studio. Matt and the band was doing the final recording for the last two songs that was about to go in the album. They desperately needed to finish so that they could send the set of songs to their produced to finalize the list of songs going in the album. The last few months have been tough, from writing lyrics, finding the inspiration to write, composing the melody and whatnot to recording. If things go as planned then the band might be premiering their second album in about 2 weeks time. At least that's what their manager said to them. But it appears to be going downhill for the band Play Hard as their lead vocals, Matt, seem to be going in some sort of shock.

"Matt! Come on man! You know that phones aren't allowed in the booth when we're recording!"

"Sorry Chad," said Matt absentmindedly as he stared at the message on his phone, still can't comprehend what Callie was trying to do.

With a defeated sigh from the manager, Chad reluctantly allowed the guys to have a 10 minute break to recompose themselves, muttering about deadlines and delays.

"Dude, who was it? You suddenly got pale," said Luke, as the drummer was filing out of the recording booth, placing his sticks on the table while reaching for the bottle of water on it.

Matt looked as his best friend, debating whether it was a good idea or not to tell him about his girlfriend's text.

"What does it mean when your girlfriend texts you 'I think we should break up'?"

"Callie wants to break up with you?"

Luke cried, glad that Matt broke the news to him before he could take a gulp from his drink.

"No! Well, I don't know!" Matt said, feeling panic rise up again.

"Well, call her and ask her what's up?"

"I don't want to. What if she breaks up with me over the phone?"

Luke gave Matt a deadpanned look. "Really? As opposed to getting dumped via text?"

With a sigh, Luke gave Matt a pat in the back and just shook his head as he took as seat on the couch. He watched his best friend pace around the small room with a troubled look on his face. His friend was whipped. Bad. Callie's got him wrapped around not just her fingers, but probably her toes as well. Of course how can Luke blame Matt for falling hard for Callie, she was the best. She's a self employed successful photographer running her own studio. He'll never forget the day he and Matt met her.

The band started out independently. They had to look for gigs independently and record their first album independently. Produced by themselves. Back then, they had to send every radio station a copy of their album and request a song themselves just to have it played on air. They didn't have a record label yet to back them up and let's just say they owe a lot of favors to a lot of people.

Callie was one of them. She agreed to photograph the band for their first album with no charge at all. She said that she agreed because she knows how hard it is to do things on your own, without anyone to back you up.