Henry

- ik he aint in it ight 

-

 Henry's pov-
"K love you too mom." I replied to my mother as we approached the middle school.
It was the first day back from summer break and I couldn't wait.
Except, not exactly for the education.
I mean, don't get me wrong, education is a well needed topic throughout society, but that's not exactly why I was so anxious.
I was so excited to see my best friend
Y/n.
We've been friends since the first grade and I don't know what I'd do without her.
"Henry!" I hear someone yell my name, and as I turn around, I see y/n running towards me.
"Y/n!" I yelled hugging her.
"I missed you so much Henry!"
We couldn't really see each other over summer break because we both went on vacation at different locations.
"I missed you too! How was your summer?" I asked, letting go so that I could clearly see her.
"Oh it was awesome-" she went on and on about her vacation and about how annoying her sibling was, but I zoned out from that. I was too busy looking at how her beautiful hair glistened in the sun light and the way she got overly excited.
And her smile.
God, I wish I could see that smile all the time. I loved seeing her so happy.
Truth is, i started developing these feelings for y/n in the 3rd grade.
And they never stopped.
Problem is, I haven't developed the courage to confess these feelings to her.
-
I learned that I had a couple of classes with her, which was good.
Yes, I already started to catch on with everything pretty well, stating that I have a pretty high GPA for my age.
Time skip to after school-
After the school bell rung, I waited in front of the school for y/n.
We usually walk home together, since she only lives a couple houses down.
As she approached me, I smiled getting up from the bench.
"How was the big 'first day' " I asked.
"I think everything went pretty well. How about you? Oh wait. Lemme answer that: "oh they bumped me up to accelerated classes for every period because I'm a genius" right?" She laughed.  
I just nodded, causing us both to laugh again.
But once the laughing calmed down, I spoke up.
Ok Henry. This is the day. This is the day you will tell the love of your life how you really feel.
I thought.
"Hey y/n?"
"Yeah Henry?
"I have something to tell you.."
She nodded, wanting me to continue.
"Y-you see, when I first met you in the first grade, I didn't know what love was. I just thought that it was when you share cookies on the playground with your best friend. But it's so much more. Over the past few years, I've learned what the true meaning of love is. Love is when you care about someone so much, that you'll do anything for them in order to make them happy. Just to see their smile...y/n, I live for your smile..you make me happy." I explained.
She looked shocked, but she somehow managed to say something.
"W-what are you saying Henry?" She asked, as we looked into each other's eyes. I could get lost in her eyes forever.
"I'm saying that...I love you y/n."
I closed my eyes, waiting for rejection.
But instead, After a few seconds, she replied with "I love you too Henry." She smiled.
My face lit up.
"Really?"
"Really."
"I've been waiting for so long to do this...." I said before grabbing her face and softly kissing her lips.
It wasn't a very long kiss, nor was it short.
But to me, it was perfect.
"Y/n? Will you be mine?" I asked, smiling.
"Yes!" She squealed, hugging me.
God she made me happy.

-