"By cancelling my payment for the guest list."

"Cheng Yu!"

"The Third Prince will go back on his word?"

"Fine, don't tell us about the God of War and his bride, I'm sure we can find other eye witnesses. So you still owe me."

Si Ming was losing his patience; he definitely felt the lack of sleep.

"Third Prince, I need to hear about the God of War and his bride," he urged.

Cheng Yu looked at him. "Then make him cancel my payment, Si Ming."

"It's just a kiss," Third Prince persisted, not ready to back down.

Cheng Yu turned to Si Ming again. "It's not just any piece of gossip. I can promise you that."

"You abhor me that much?" Third Prince asked, looking slightly hurt.

She glared at him. "Your wounded eyes don't work on me. Besides, the Demon ancestor and Mo Yuan running into his bride is nothing, even if you consider where her hands were. A dozen people saw that. I saw something much more scandalous."

Much more scandalous she said! Si Ming could not let this pass. "Third Prince, please!" He begged.

"Fine, it's canceled. But I doubt it's worth it." Third Prince said grudgingly.

Eyes filled with mischief, Cheng Yu said "The bride has no interest in the groom."

"What did you say?"

"How do you know?!"

She lifted her head and rubbed her chin, voice dropping to a whisper as she said "I saw her sneak off with someone else behind the coral wall yesterday. They're amorous, to say the least."

"But she's engaged to the God of War!" Si Ming couldn't believe his ears. That bland woman was humiliating the God of War? He had to pinch himself quickly to make sure he hadn't fallen asleep without noticing.

Cheng Yu scowled. "So what? It's an arranged marriage. No one asked if she wanted it. And it's not like the God of War has looked at her even once before their chance encounter the other day. Even the blind can see where his attention lies."

"Do you know who her lover is?" Si Ming asked, shaking from excitement.

She shook her head. "Unfortunately, I couldn't tell - his head was buried. But I know for sure she is not going to wait for 700 years for the next auspicious date, judging by where his mouth was. By the look of his clothes, he is from the Demon Clan."

"Demon Clan!" This was juicy gossip indeed.

Nodding her head, she turned her attention to the Third Prince with a triumphant smile. "Didn't I tell you my juicy gossip is worth much more than that kiss?" Cheng Yu smirked.

"You underestimate the value of your juicy lips, my lady."

"Pervert!" An outraged Cheng Yu stormed off towards the palace.

"Wait, I'm not the pervert, you have to tell me more!" Si Ming chased after Cheng Yu. He needed details! His prediction was correct; the last day was without a doubt the busiest day. When he got back to the Nine Heavens, his first priority would be to get a disciple or two to help him with recording gossip in the future so that things like this would not be missed again! The future bride of the God of War having her tofu eaten by a Demon Clan member! The repercussions of this would be tremendous.

***

The festival was almost over, the God of War had assurance from the Demons that they would not join the Yellow King in his warmongering and, in turn, the God of War had assured the collective Demon royalty that he would let them handle the troublemaker themselves without intervening, at least until the danger became too great for the Heavenly Tribe. Shao Wan had nothing to complain about - it was what she had insisted on. And yet, she did not feel good at all.