Sick Niall

"It-its all over the carpet..." Niall whimpers into the phone, you on the other line. 

You had randomly gotten a call from Niall in the middle of your shift, but luckily you had been on your break & were able to just barely catch the call as you walked into the break room. 

"What's all over the carpet baby?" You asked, confused.  You had left Niall home for the day, him deciding he wasn't going to go into the studio that day because he was feeling a little off.  It wasn't anything serious; he was just extremely tired & needed to rest for the day so he'd go back in ready to work hard. 

"I got sick." He simply stated and you could hear the tremble in his voice and could almost picture the love of your life standing there on the phone with you, lip trembling, hands shaking. 

"You got sick? Oh no baby, are you okay? I didn't think it was this serious." You rambled off into the phone.  You knew he was feeling a little run down but you didn't know he'd be spending the day spewing his stomach.  If you'd known that, you would've stayed home with him, and possibly prevented the puke on the carpet that he was crying to you about now. 

"I don't know what to do.." Niall whispered and you heard his breath hitch & a small cry leave him as he tried to hold back the tears.  He had never been very good with being ill.  Especially when he was away from you. 

"Okay baby, I'll be there soon.  Just try and sit down and relax. I'm so sorry you're sick love." You responded quickly gathering your items from your small locker in the break room. 

Niall replied with a quiet 'ok' before hanging up and you went to tell your boss that you'd have to leave.  It wasn't a big deal, as you weren't very busy, and your boss had always been very easy going with you.  You thanked her before heading to your car to get home to your love. 

At home you parked the car in the garage quickly,  rushing up the stairs to find Niall, wherever he was. 

"Babe?" You called through the house and heard a quiet response from the front tv room.  You headed in that direction and found Niall,  hunched over on his favorite couch,  looking pale and sickly.  You also noticed the sick that he had told you about when you first answered the phone.  It was a lot more than you had expected and it covered your once precious white carpets in a sickly brown mush.

"Baby" Niall whimpered weakly to you once you came into his view.  Your eyes turned to worry as you saw your loves weakened state & you were instantly at his side. 

"What's going on babe? What happened?" You asked as you kneeled beside the couch, stroking the hair off his forehead, placing your palm flat against it to gage for a fever.  It didn't seem too terribly high but he was sweating up a storm. 

"I came down here... because I was tired.... of being in bed... and I started feeling really nauseous and I couldn't make it to the bathroom." Niall finished off his mumbled sentence, looking more like a child than a grown man. 

"I'm so sorry baby.  I didn't know you were feeling this bad, I would've stayed with you." You cooed as you continued to stroke at Niall's cheek.  You wished you would have been here to help him. 

"It's okay, you're here now" Niall responded to you not wanting you to feel bad that you hadn't been there.  It wasn't your fault that he didn't know how bad he actually was. 

"Do you want to go lay back down in bed? Or lay down and watch tv here?" You asked after thinking for a minute.  You knew you needed to get to work cleaning the vomit so that it didn't stain your carpet too terribly and letting it sit there wasn't going to help that situation. 

"Go lay back in bed" Niall whispered to your question and you nodded your head and helped Niall stand from the couch.  He didn't seem to unsteady so you carefully walked him to the staircase that led to your bedroom and sent him up to bed, letting him know that you'd be up soon with water and medicine after you cleaned up the mess.

Niall was disappointed in himself that he had gotten sick and now you were left to clean it up but he didn't know what else to do.  He was feeling too ill to help and knew that cleaning up sick would only make matters worse for his still sickly tummy. 

You assured him that it was absolutely fine and that you didn't mind taking care of him and that included cleaning up any messes that came from it.  He really did love you for taking care of him and his disgusting messes.  And with that Niall walked slowly up the stairs and to your guys bed. 

You finished wiping and scrubbing away at the carpet the best you could until you could barely tell someone had been sick there.  You knew that the cleaning ladies would be around sometime tomorrow and you'd just let them know that their was a stain that needed taking care of and they would get it out easy peasy.

You quickly made your way up the stairs with a bottle of water and a bottle of medicine to help with sick bellies hoping that it would do good for your boy.  You found Niall curled up under the covers, the blankets pulled to his chin, his breathing steady. 

"Baby..." you trailed off as you set the items on his bedside table and peeled back the blankets slightly.  Niall whined a little and peaked open his blue eyes to look up at you.  His complexion was pale and you didn't think you had ever seem him look so poorly.  "I brought you some tummy medicine lovely." You told him and Niall nodded slightly, blinking slowly. 

You poured out the correct dosage and set the cap full of medicine on the table, "do you think you can sit up for a second and take this?" You asked.  Niall nodded and you assisted him as he pulled himself into a somewhat seated position with his elbow supporting most of his weight. 

You handed over the full medicine cup and opened the water bottle, ready to let Niall take sips of it after he downed the terrible tasting liquid.  Niall took a deep breath before tipping his head back and letting the thick liquid slide down his throat and into his sick belly. 

He gagged slightly and quickly reached for the bottle of water you held and you handed it over easily.  You worried for a second as Niall gagged for the second time and his eyes watered like they did every time he was about to be sick. 

"Baby take some deep breaths, don't throw up the medicine, it's gonna help." You instructed as he continued to take small sips of water and you rubbed his back lightly. 

You knew the medicine wasn't going to kick in right away and resting and letting his body heal would be the best right now.  Niall got his nausea under control and slowly let his body slide back down into the covers and curled himself back into your thick duvet. 

"Get some rest honey, you'll feel better." You whispered as you sat on the edge of the bed petting at his hair softly to lure him off to sleep sooner. 

It must've worked because not long later,  Niall's breathing evened out into slow deep breathes and you knew he was out.  The medicine had a natural sleeping concoction in it and you hoped that it would knock him out for a bit and give his body time to heal and relax. And then hopefully he would feel better when he woke up.

-------------------
Word count: 1347
Yoooooo!!! I wrote something & im really proud of it even though it's not incredibly long I just feel good about getting something out!!
I love posting whenever I get random spurts of motivation to write !!! :))
I've missed you guys and hope you enjoy!! Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed :))

Love ya
Xxx