Chapter 27

"he's dead. We have done all we can do." a man announced to the crowed. I was holding James tightly he was so torn up about this. As the words came out of the mans mouth, James broke down. He got out of my hold and started running away.

"James!" I called but he kept runnin.

"um hi, miss can we have a word with you?" some people from the news asked

"I really need to go find my boyfriend... Can you make it quick?"

"yes sure thing. What happened,who saved him,and who are you?" she said

"I'm Kayla Jones, James Londin saved him. And we were on the beach and James jumped up and headed to the water. Nobody knew what he was doing. Then James pulled him to shore." I said quickly

"and how do you know James?" she asked nosily

"that's none of you business." I took off running in the direction I saw James go. I was looking left and right but I couldn't find him. I sighed and stopped running. I looked around once more. My eyes landed on a figure at the shore sitting in the water. I raced over there. I sat right next to him. I didn't say a word just sat and waited on him to speak. I gently laid my head on his shoulder and we sat there. I know he has alot running through his mind.

"I could have saved him." he spoke low.

I lifted my head to look at him. "James you did everything you could do." I told him.

"no I didn't!" he snapped I jumped shocked at him. "I could have done more. I just know it. It's my fault he died"

I grabbed his face and made him look at me. "listen to me James. It is not your fault he drowned. He must have done something wrong to be drowning in the first place. You did everything you could do. I don't ever wanna hear you say it was your fault he died ever again. James that was amazing what you did. I am so proud of you. Please don't think this is your fault." I looked him in the eyes I saw how much pain and guilt was in his eyes. I know he wanted to save that man but there was nothing he could do. He stared at me with intense eyes. I felt a tear slide down my cheek, I wanted him to know this wasn't his fault. "please don't think that." I whispered

He looked down at the water crashing at his feet. "I need some time alone.....please.....go away..." shocked at the words that left his mouth a tear slid down my cheek. I looked at him I'm not gonna leave him while he needs somebody.

"no." I told him. I wrapped my arms around him. "I'm not leaving you." we sat there in silence cause I knew he didn't want to talk right now.

After about an hour of silence his arm slipped behind my waste and he hugged me. "I'm sorry I snapped at you and asked you to go away." he said softly. "thank you for not leaving me when I was upset."

"James I love you." another lie. It hurt so bad to say that to him. Maybe if I keep saying it it will come true.

He looked me in the eyes "I love you to." again it felt like someone dropped a brick on me.

We sat there for a little while longer again just in silence before James decided it was time to go home.

As we were walking back, I saw the news crew was still here. When they spotted James they rushed towards him. We both saw it coming so we took off running in the direction of the car.

We quickly got in James started to drive away. The Crazy news lady was following us running as fast as she could. I giggled at her.

****************************

"here. Ice cream and chocolate make everything better." I smiled at him and turned his face to me "that and kisses." I stood on my tippy toes and pecked his lips he still hasn't smiled or laughed since the whole accent. He looked at me with a blank expression. "James please smile. I'll do anything to see you-" James lips suddenly connected with mine. I felt him smile in the kiss. Which made me giggle. I pulled away and looked at him. He was smiling now. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "that's more like it."

Now all I have to do it get him to laugh.

"so wanna watch a movie?" I asked

"sure." we walked up to my room hand and hand.

When we picked a movie we laied down and watched it.

After about 10 I was out. I felt myself thinking about everything that happened today as I snuggled up to James. He kissed my forehead before I was completely asleep.

***************

What do you think? Comment and all that good stuff. Is she really gonna grow to love James?