t w e n t y - t h r e e

SANA'S POV

I keep on breathing in and breathing out as I was driving to the orphanage. I'm nervous and I don't know why. There's nothing to be nervous about anyway. I just need to bring this sweater to Taehyung, but I feel like I'm really nervous. My heart is thumping hard.

"It's just Tae, Sana. You just need to bring that sweater back to him." I talked to myself. When I reached that place, I didn't go out right away. I needed to breathe heavily over and over.

After gathering all of the courage inside me, I decided to hop off already with the sweater on my hand. I'm feeling like I'm sweating very hard on the inside.

Gosh, you'll just give this back to him. What's wrong with you? Once I composed myself, I pressed the doorbell. It opened and revealed an old lady. I was kind of expecting that Taehyung would open the door, but he didn't. Maybe he's a little bit sad--I don't know--of the fact that I didn't believe his words from yesterday, so maybe, he decided not to see me right now.

When I dialled his number earlier, his voice is cold and it somewhat...pained me, I guess?

"Ah, is Taehyung here?" I asked her as I fake a smile. I don't want to show that I'm nervous or anything, so I had to fake one.

"Yes, he is." She nodded and I feel like the excitement within me suddenly raised. Like I felt like I'm excited to see him right now and I don't even know why. "Do you want to--"

"Sana?" An unfamiliar voice called my name, so I looked back to see who called me. She looks unfamiliar as well and I think this is the first time that I'm seeing her.

"Uhm, how do you know me?" I asked curiously. She looked at me and didn't answer my question. Instead, she looked at the guy behind me.

"Tae," she called. I looked around and saw Taehyung. He seemed stunned to see the both of us in front of him. "Are you and Sana going to talk about something important?" She asked and her eyes are glued to him. I don't know why, but I felt something inside me. I don't know what it is.

"Nah, she's just going to give my sweater." He said and so I remembered why I came here. I turned towards him and handed him his sweater awkwardly. After handing it to him, I stood across him, stiff. He walked towards the lady who called him and stood beside her. He smiled softly, "Thank you for giving it back."

"N-No problem," I stuttered. He nodded and dragged the lady with him. I stared at them and I don't know why I feel something painful in the deepest part of my heart. I thanked the old lady, hopped inside my car and tried following them sneakily. I don't know what has gotten in to me, tho. I just want to see where Tae and that girl will go to.

I have a hunch that there's something going on between them, like they're in a relationship. Tae never told me about her and I don't know what her name is. I thought Tae is still sad about her fiancé dying, but it confused me why does he have a girlfriend. Or maybe that was his sister because she looks older.

*

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"Hey, you okay?" Irene must've noticed that I'm silent. I asked her to go out with me since I'll be visiting my mom. It's been a while since I visited her and I think I need to talk to her about my problems which includes Sana.

I half-smiled and nodded slightly, "Yeah, I'm fine." I looked outside the window and sighed. I don't what's going on with me, tho.

Sana didn't believe me. Should I give up or should we stay as friends? Just friends? Yes, just friends.