Chapter Fifteen.

This chapter is dedicated to SuruminPk
Chapter Fifteen.

You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you. ~ John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.

--------------------------------------------

You're never certain of what's going to happen in the next minute. No one knows what the future holds.

I knew this night was too good to be true. Cause what I'm about to tell you, can change everything.

Chase took the earphones off my ear,
"I have to leave now, Eleanor is waiting for me. Do you need a ride back home, I don't mind dropping you off too?"

"I'm meeting Alec at the parking lot, you go ahead."

"It was nice dancing with you, Princess." He winks and he makes his way out of the garden.

I don't understand what Chase is up to. He's just being a good friend to me right? Chase and I are just friends, that's what we always will be. Dancing with him in the garden, it didn't feel like we were just friends. It never felt like it. It always feel something more. I had to clear my head, I make my way to the washroom before meeting Alec.

As I'm still dazed about what happened with Chase, he always has an affect on me. I was walking towards the washroom until I hear some noises coming out from the classroom in the opposite direction of where I was going. I couldn't help but  take a turn towards the classroom to see who was there. It wasn't a surprise to see Bryan and Eleanor again, arguing about something. This is my chance to know what it is going on.

"I told you Bryan, I took care of it."

"I have all the right to know what you did, You need to tell me Eleanor. You can't hide it from me."

"It was a mistake. We were drunk and it happened all of a sudden."

"And then what, Eleanor? We hid it from Chase about what happened, later you get to know that you're pregnant. You need to tell Chase the truth, he is my best friend. He loves you and he deserves to know what happened." Bryan screams.

"No one is going to tell Chase. Chase can't know what happened. I've hurt him enough already, he doesn't need this. That's all. We are done here."

"He needs to know that You got pregnant with my child, and I want to know what you did once you left without telling anyone of us."

"I got rid of it, okay? Does that make you feel better now?" Eleanor storms towards the door and I sprint off in the other direction to hide myself.

No wonder why Ms.Harper said that the details were confidential when Ashley and I went to ask about Eleanor. I know that Chase had no idea about Eleanor cheating on him with his best friend. Nor does Ashley know about Eleanor and Bryan's drunken scene.

Ashley is my best friend and she deserves to know about Bryan and Eleanor. But it's best if she gets to know from Bryan, that's his dark secret and this all happened much before Ashley and Bryan could start dating. Chase also deserves to know what happened and I don't know if I should be the one to tell either of them or just wait for something worse to happen and screw it up for all of us.

I walk towards Alec's car to see him leaning on the car. "Are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost." Alec asks with a concerned tone.

"Can I ask you something?" Alec nods in reply.

"If you get to know an ugly truth about something that has been hidden for so long and someone very close to you deserves to know about it, what would you do?" I ask.

"Everyone deserves to know the truth Beth, even if it hurts. Come on, let's get you home now." Alec opens the door for me and I get inside the car. The ride back home was quiet, all I could think about was how am I gonna tell Chase and Ashley about it.

---------------------------------------------

NEXT DAY

I enter Chase's house once he opens the front door. "No ones at home?" I ask.
       "Oh Princess, you have something in mind that you wanna do?" He winks. I roll my eyes and follow him towards the dining room. He motions me to take a seat on the chair and I take a deep breath.

       "So, what was so important that you couldn't tell me over the phone?" He asks. I'm still not sure if I should tell him or not, but he needs to know what happened.

    "After you left to search for Eleanor last night, I decided to go to the washroom.."

       "Damn, I didn't think you'd give me the dirty details, Princess." Chase laughs.

       "I over heard two people arguing over something. I thought I should go and see what was going on and the two people were Bryan and Eleanor."

I didn't know if I should continue talking or not cause Chase didn't show any kind of a reaction and that was scaring me.

       "I know the reason why she left. She cheated on you with Bryan and later she got pregnant." Again his face was expressionless.

"She left so that she could get rid of it.." Before I could continue Chase cuts me off, "Get out."

"What?" I stare at him, shocked by his response.

"I thought you were different among the rest. I can't believe that you would go to this extent, making up something like this? How could you, Bethany? Just because you like me and you want me like every other girl, you would do this? How can you even think of lying to me about all of this? You think I was going to believe about whatever you were gonna say. You're wrong.I know you think of me more than a friend, Bryan has mentioned it to me. I don't like you, Bethany and I never will like you more than a friend. I think it's best that you leave from here right now."

"Chase, it's not like that. I'm not lying about it." I say.

"Get out, Bethany." He screams.

Love is a funny thing, whenever you give it; you're never sure if you're ever gonna get it back in return. When you love someone, you'll do everything in your power to protect that person. You'd do anything even if it means hurting yourself in the process. And it's okay, you'll smile through it all even though it hurts you; cause all that matters is how much you loved and Love will come back to you, again.

--------------------------------------------
A/N:

Here's your update!
It's been a long time since I've updated, I hope you guys like this chapter.
Tell me what do you guys think about what's going to happen next.
Thanks for all your support❤️
Love,
YourNerdRhea.