035

yoongi is not a morning person. he loves to sleep just as much as he loves creating music. he will fight anyone who even dares to disturb his slumber; anyone whose name is not park jimin, of course. yoongi believes that every rule has an exception, and in his case, it's jimin.

so when he's woken up by the incessant buzzing of his phone at eight in the morning, he can't bring himself to be angry.

"happy birthday yoongi hyung!" jimin chirps then he starts singing with his sweet voice, and yoongi feels warm and fuzzy and in love.

"thank you jiminie." he giggles. he rolls onto his side and hugs his kumamon plush doll tightly. he loves kumamon but he wishes he had jimin next to him right now.

"any plans before i see you tonight?"

yoongi hums. "i'm having lunch with hoseok. honestly, i'd rather sleep but he's been whining about not spending enough time with each other. clingy bitch." he laughs, and jimin does too.

"well, i'm proud of you for choosing hoseok over sleep." jimin teases, and yoongi whines but there's a small smile on his lips.

"i wish i could just ditch my rehearsal and go to you right now."

"i wish you were here too, jiminie, but i understand that rehearsals are important too. especially when your competition's next week."

"i'm still sorry, hyung. i'll make it up to you tonight! it'll be the best birthday ever i promise."

"spending it with you makes it the best already." yoongi can't help but blush at his own confession.

"sappy. i like it." yoongi can imagine the biggest smile on jimin's face, and it makes him smile too.

"i'm about to drive to the studio. i'll call you later again, hyung. happy birthday!"

"thank you, jiminie! be safe please!"

. . . . . . . . . .

yoongi ends up going back to sleep after his phone call with jimin. he probably would have spent the entire day in his bed if it wasn't for hoseok barging in his apartment and rapping a birthday message to yoongi at the top of his lungs. the younger male has also jumped onto his bed and danced crazily.

"why can't you be normal for once," yoongi groans as he drags himself to the bathroom. he's given up on trying to sleep when hoseok has begun hip thrusting and doing body rolls. it makes yoongi want to puke.

"normal is boring!" hoseok laughs victoriously. yoongi glares at him before shutting the bathroom door at his face.

. . . . . . . . . .

hoseok brings yoongi to a newly opened italian restaurant at their favorite mall. the two of them enjoys a sumptous meal as they talk about hoseok's upcoming mixtape and their group's future performances.

"hyung, let's go to the arcade after!"

yoongi grins and nods excitedly. he misses the arcade. turning twenty five doesn't stop him from being a kid at heart after all.

. . . . . . . . . .

it's ten minutes past five when yoongi asks hoseok to take him back home. he's meeting jimin for dinner in an hour, and he wants to take a quick shower and dress up nicely. he falls asleep during the car ride which he soon regrets because when the engine stops and he opens his eyes, he's not at his apartment complex.