CH 24

Henry's POV

I sat on the couch, watching tv while Tom was taking a shower and everyone else was at the store or something. I looked to the door as Connor walked in with a smile on his face "Henry! Lad! Listen, I just met three girls for you and your brothers, your date is tonight! They're not related but they all agreed!"

"Why? I don't want to go on a date..." I protested. "No listen it'll be fun. They're all Asian though with the same first name 'Lily' apparently it's why they're friends, so they all go by their last names: Aidouno, Wuat and Hu" Connor said as he sat down next to me "And I chose them well for you, Asian girls tend to be small chested but these girls have nice tatas."

"What going on?" Tom asked with a towel around his waist. "You're going on a date tonight, I found three girls for your brothers and yourself" Connor. "Yeah? What's her name?" Tom asked with a cheeky grin. "Hu, Wuat and Aidouno" Connor answered. Tom just looked at him for a moment "So...what are their names?" he asked again. I sat back, knowing where it would go; both boys were so stubborn that they'd just see the other as being dense and never fully explain themselves.

"I'm telling you: Hu, Wuat and Aidouno" Connor answered. "So... who is the girl I'm going on a date with?" Tom asked again. "If you want too, she has the largest tatas; I kinda figured you'd like her best" Connor answered with a grin. "Who?" Tom asked. "Exactly! I think you'll like Hu very much." "Who is the girl I'm going on a date with?" Tom asked, starting to get annoyed. "Yes, Hu!" Connor answered, starting to get equally annoyed. "What are you asking me for?" Tom asked in annoyance. "I'm not asking you, im telling, Hu is the girl you're going to like!" Connor answered.

"So I'm going on a date with who?" Tom asked, trying to be understood by only rephrasing it. "Exactly!" Connor answered, thinking Tom finally understood. "So when we go to the movies, whose shoulders will I place my arm around?" "If you want too, you've always been the one to move fast. I think she'll like your arm around her" Connor answered with another cheeky smile. "Who's shoulders?" Tom asked. "Yes" Connor answered with the same grin "I think she'll like it, she seemed very touchy." "Who was?" Tom asked, moving away to finally get dressed, becoming frustrated. "Yes" Connor answered.

I was trying so hard not to laugh.

A.N. there is a lot of back and forth in this next scene so I formatted it a little different so you'll better be able to follow. It goes back and forth between Tom and Connor.

"All I'm asking you, is what is the girl's name" Tom asked when he came back.

"No I think Henry will like Wuat more, she's a little more shy and quiet." Connor replied

"I'm not asking you who Henry is going to date-" Tom said

Connor jumped in "No, Hu is your date."

"That's what I'm trying to find out." Tom said "What's my name's date?"

"No, Wuat is Henry's date."

"I'm not asking you who is Henry's date-"

"No Hu is your date!"

"I don't know!"

"No Aidouno is Oliver's date, she can't speak English very well but she can write it."

"How the fuck did we end up talking about Oliver? Ok fine, what is the name of Oliver's date?"

"No, Wuat is the name of Henry's date"

I'm not asking you who is Henry's date-"

"No Hu is yours"

"I don't know"

"That's Oliver's."

"Here we go, back to Ollie"

"I can't change their names!"

"This is like a dog trying to chase it's tail" I said. "Tom, they're Asian so they have unusual last names. They go by their last names because they're all called Lily. Lily Hu is your date, Lily Wuat is mine and Connor thinks that Lily Aidouno is a good match for Oliver."

"Wait, no we're not going on dates tonight" Tom said, after thinking about it for a moment. "Excuse me?" Connor asked. "Oliver is faithful I'm not going to tempt him into cheating. "I thought you didn't like this Zander bloke" Connor said. "He makes Oliver happy...so..." Tom shrugged.

I smiled "Oliver would be so happy to hear you say that." "Yeah well don't tell him I said anything or I'll tie you to the roof of the car next time we go to the store or something. I still got to be the grumpy brother" Tom said as he came to sit on the couch with us. "Well just because Oliver can't go doesn't you can't" Connor said. "I'm not going, I don't want Oliver to feel left out, because he has a boyfriend and his brothers don't; again I'm not going to tempt him" Tom replied.

"Oh good the house isnt burned down and there isn't a cult meeting going on in my sitting room" Uncle Zayn said as he walked in the front door with some grocery bags. "If my kids join a cult while we're here, there is going to be issues between us, Zen, we have good little lads" Dad said as he walked in with several bags as well "Also it's good that you lads are showered, we're meeting your grandmother for dinner tonight" Dad said, walking into the kitchen with his bags. "Wait really?" I asked. "I gave her a call this morning, there is a lot of things your father is, a flake isn't one of them" Pops said as he walked in "We're leaving in about two hours, after Oliver makes a 'hello' cake."

-

We drove to Holmes Chapel, a ride that seemed to take fifty years as the inside of the car had a tense atmosphere, despite the heavy scent of the freshly baked cake. Pops was driving and my brothers and I were all sitting on top of each other in the back since the English made cars that seemed better for the inside of a cereal box than on a road.

"So...where are we going to dinner?" I asked. "At her house, my sister will also be there, she cooked" Dad said "If Gemma wasn't there I would have never agreed to having dinner at my mom's house." "What's she like? You never talk about her much" Tom asked, speaking for Ollie; Tom kept Ollie in the conversation by interpreting for him as he couldn't see Dad talk.

"Gemma? She's older than me so she wasn't really around when I was younger as she was having her own adventures. Shortly after you three were born we started talking more over the phone but then my mom found out and...we haven't talked much since." "Do you want us to call her 'aunt' and your mom 'grandma'? Tom asked for Ollie again.

"No! Absolutely not! They're not part of this family, they don't deserve those names" Dad said quickly. "You're not bitter at all, are you?" Pops asked quietly. "When the lads were little our lives were so hard, without our friends I don't even know what would have happened" Dad said matter of factly "One baby needs so much time and care, we had three and she didn't even try."

"I remember lads" Pops said over his shoulder at us "That the usual day was like: Tom tried his best to get hurt with Oliver following along and you, Henry, would always sleep in the weirdest places, more than once we found you asleep behind the toilet for example. 'Where is Henry', 'Tommy don't do that' and 'Lads you don't need to follow your brother all the time' where the taglines for your childhood. It was the worst when all three of you came to the same decision."

"What about Ollie?" I asked. Dad turned to look at him "You know, everyone said having a deaf baby would be the hardest thing, it took some adjustments yes, but Tom was always the problem child. "Hey!" Tom protested and everyone laughed, even Ollie.

We listened to Dad and Pops tell us stories from when we were little until Dad went dead silent all of a sudden when Pops made a turn. "We're here" Pops said, parking in front of a house. "Here we go" Dad said quietly, to himself.