Epilogue

Lisa 's POV

Zack immediately scooped me up in his arms and carried me to the car.

Kostas, Yannis, Stefano, and Alice followed us.

Yannis opened the door for Zack so he could place me in the back seat and sat beside me. Yannis rushed to the driver seat and started the car. Kostas sat beside him in the passenger seat. I held tightly to Zack's hand as I felt pain from the contractions.

I inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to see if the pain lessened, but it didn't. It did help calm me a little.

"Zack!" I screamed, squeezing his hand tightly when I felt a sharp contraction hit me.

"Drive faster, Yannis!" Zack shouted at Yannis, anxiously.

"Gynaika mou, inhale and exhale," Zack said trying to calm me down. "We're almost there." He caressed my arm or my back, anywhere he could reach with the hand that I wasn't holding onto to provide some comfort.

A few minutes later, I felt another sharp pain. "Ahhh!" I screamed again.

As soon as we arrived at the hospital, Zack carried me in his arms through the door and was shouting at nurses that I was going into labor.

Zack's POV

Once a nurse came to me with a strolling bed to carry Lisa into a room, I was left to wait in the sitting room.

I knew the doctor was making sure everything was alright and that Lisa was ready to go into labor. But this didn't make me feel any less nervous and worried.

I paced back and forth in the sitting room as my father waited by my side to receive any news with me.

I finally saw the doctor coming towards me and asked anxiously, "What's going on? Why don't you take her to the delivery room?"

"There's nothing to worry about, Mr. Petropoulos," she said. "She's only six centimeters dilated."

"And?" I interrupt.

What does that even mean?

"She's only in her early stages of labor," she said.

"Then why isn't she in the delivery room?" I asked.

"She has to be at least ten centimeters dilated before she is in actual labor," she said. "Only then, can we take her to the delivery room."

I breathed deeply and asked, "Can I see her?"

"Yes."

I went to Lisa's room.

Once I walked in, I saw her laying in the bed as tears fell from her eyes.

"Gynaika mou."

I walked to her and grabbed her hand. I stroked her hair and kissed her forehead as I whispered soothing words to ease her pain.