Before

"This is expected to be the biggest blizzard of the decade. Bundle up and get ready for a week of snow, New York," the reporter chattered from the gas station television. Dinah didn't really pay attention, though. She just paid for her snacks and went on her way.

"I got an Arizona tea for you," the blonde said as she got back into her car, handing the drink to her best friend Normani. "And iced coffee for me."

"Dinah, you know you can't live off coffee forever. We have to stop soon," Normani rationalized. "Isn't there a blizzard coming?"

"Blizzard shmizzard."

"Dinah."

The tall blonde glanced at her friend with a smirk. "We'll be just fine, Mani. I promise."

Normani took a sip of her tea, shaking her head. "Okay. But when we get stranded on the side of the interstate for a week with no food or water, don't blame me."

Putting down her coffee, Dinah shifted the car into drive and exited the gas station. "Stranded for a week? You better make that tea last."

-

"Lauren, how far are we?" Ally inquired of her friend, yawning from the passenger seat.

The Latina ran a hand through her unruly black hair. "I don't know, six hours? But with this storm..."

"I know... it's making me nervous. Think we'll make it?"

"I don't know. Niagara Falls may be frozen by the time we get there."

Ally huffed. "Be serious, Lo."

"Honestly, Als," Lauren sighed heavily," I don't think we'll make it before this blizzard hits. I'm sorry. I know this isn't the trip you were hoping for."

"It's okay," she tried to soothe, but the tone of her voice made it obvious that she was disappointed.

"Hey, don't be upset, Allycat. We'll hole up in a nice hotel and just relax for the week. It'll be like a sleepover when we were little."

"Yeah, with a killer blizzard added in."

Lauren smiled widely. "That's the spirit."

"When's this storm coming anyway?"

"Check the latest weather report." Lauren handed the shorter girl her phone. "Last time I checked it was supposed to hit at about seven pm," she checked the time, "and shit, it's five thirty."

Ally opened the weather channel application to see winter storm Charlie was scheduled to hit the state of New York at about six thirty to seven pm.

"Lo, I'm gonna start looking for a hotel. This doesn't look good at all."

Lauren looked nervously at the cloud covered sky. "No, it does not..."