I want time (22)

NOTE: For a better reading, during the chapter listen to "Two Worlds Collide" by Demi Lovato :)

-----

Throughout our shower, we kept on smiling, kissing and caressing each other, we pointed out the new marks that we both had on our body and we laughed about it, since there were many.

After we got out of the shower, Camila asked if I could lend her some clothes, so I told her to go to the closet and pick whatever pleased her the most, and so she did. I opted for high-waisted denim shorts that came with its own suspenders, a white cotton shirt that left a bit of my belly showing, my black combat boots, and a black beanie. Then I put on minimum make up and went back to the bedroom, stopping when I saw Camila.

She was wearing a white lacy dress that tightly clung to her chest area and that reached just above her knees. She had high heels in her feet and she had minimum make up on her face. Camila also had a white tiara with a small bow attached to it of the same color. She looked impeccable.

"Shall we go?" I asked smiling, and she nodded her head.

"Laur... Take your medicine now, okay?!" I smiled and nodded my head, going to the kitchen counter and removing a pill from the packet, swallowing it with a bit of water. "I'm ten minutes late..."

"You're going to be thirty minutes late, because we're going to stop by Starbucks to get something to eat." I said smiling, pulling her by the hand as I grabbed my car keys.

Camila called the elevator while I turned off the lights and locked the front door, and as soon as I stopped by her side, the elevator doors opened and we got in. I leaned against one of the walls and wrapped my arms around Camila's waist, pulling her against my body and resting my head on her shoulder.

"I wish I could spend the whole day with you." I whispered, and she smiled.

"I'm sorry..." She laughed, and I kissed her neck. "I promise that tomorrow we'll spend the whole day together. If you want, you can come and sleep at my house."

"Okay then."

"You're not going to be alone today, are you?" She asked, turning her head to the side to look at me, and I shook my head, smiling. She was worried about me.

"I'm fine, okay?! Don't worry."

Camila fell silent as soon as the elevator doors opened and an old woman got in. I had never seen her, I hardly ever saw anyone in the elevator. The woman stared at us, and I tightened my hold around my girlfriend's waist, a serious expression taking over my face, the woman would certainly be narrow-minded. At least that was what I thought.

She smiled. That old woman smiled at the sight of me holding Camila. I could feel my girlfriend tense in my arms and totally uncomfortable with the old woman's attentive gaze. I was silent, and allowed myself to smile at that woman, who smiled back even wider.

When the doors opened, indicating that we had reached the parking lot of the building, the old woman just nodded her head and left, and we left right after with our hands intertwined. I looked over my shoulder and could see the same woman smiling towards us before getting into her car.

Before getting into my car, I led Camila to the passenger side and opened the door for her, watching her smile shyly at me. After she sat inside the car, I rounded the car and got in, starting it and driving out of there.

Even against my will, I drove very fast. We stopped at a Starbucks and we went to the queue, but it didn't take long for an employee to take our orders. We ordered two muffins to go and two White Chocolate Mochas. Then we got into the car again and we ate and drank during the whole way to the company where Camila worked.