| J j : Volume I: Baby Steps |

hi everyone! thank u for sticking around as always, i was reading thru this n wow it's too cute not to post so i rlly hope u enjoy it as much as i do hehe. even if my writing process is rlly slow now bc of what i mentioned before, i'm still trying to put more of this out to the best of my abilities. it's not edited fully so srry for any typos. thanks again :) - j

| J j : Volume I: Baby Steps |

When he woke up his hands were wrapped cautiously around the child. He took notice quickly from the heat he had on his chest. Rylen's hair was messy on his face and so was Brendon's. They looked identical as they slept, so the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. He had quite a lot of Ryan's physical characteristics, but he had Brendon's heart.

Ryan watched over the both of them for some time, until Brendon's eyelids couldn't bear to be closed anymore."Good morning." He smiled instantly when he met with Ryan's eyes.

"Mornin'." Ryan replied, his free hand making its way to Brendon's cheek, caressing it warmly.

Brendon let him. It was about time he did. He was getting tired of the cat and mouse with him, but he wouldn't let himself be fooled either."Gimme the baby." He pouted suddenly once he noticed the full embrace Ryan had on the two year old, leaving him with no physical contact with Lyric whatsoever.

Ryan pouted as well."But you always have him. And he's sleeping now, you'll wake him up."

"But you've had him all night, don't think I didn't feel it when you took him." Brendon winked teasingly, reaching his hand to carefully tug the little boy to his body instead."I miss him, gimme."

"What if we have him together, hmm? He's Papa's boy right now. I'm not giving him up that easily." Ryan suggested, equipping a much more protective grasp on the little boy as he stared at Brendon's blinding smile and squinting eyes. Ryan knew Brendon couldn't see much right now, so he took the child softly and placed him on his chest, reaching on his side for Brendon's glasses which lay on the bedside table of Ryan's side of the bed.

Ryan handed them to Brendon and he took them quickly, pushing them on and getting closer to Ryan and Lyric. They both lay on their backs, the comforter stopping on their mid sections, the both of them staring at Rylen as he slept soundly on Ryan's chest."He's so small still. Do you think there may be something going on?"

Brendon nodded, lip between his teeth and his head of messy hair on Ryan's pale shoulder."I don't know. I'll set up a appointment after New Year's to see what's going on. I agree with you, he's a bit too small and he's about to hit three."

"I also noticed that he doesn't eat much. Like, he eats, but he leaves too much on his plate for my liking." Ryan pointed out with a targeted stare on his special little man."He didn't poop much when I had him. Probably once or twice the whole time you were gone."

Brendon's eyebrows creased."Yea, that's not good. He poops more than that. Like, four times everyday." He frowned."God, I hope he doesn't get sick."

Ryan worried instantly."Has this happened before? Like, how many times does he get sick a year?"

Brendon reached a hand to the child, setting it on his back to rub softly."I don't remember if this specifically has happened before. He's gotten sick like... four times? It's usually around the fall or winter so I hope he's not about to get sick now." He sighed softly, his head on Ryan's rib cage and his free hand on his son's back. He listened to Ryan's heart with eyes closed and it almost lulled him right back to sleep.