Mr. Ladi Balogun - The Rising Icon of Nigeria

Mr. Ladi Balogun holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of East Anglia, United Kingdom and an MBA from Harvard Business School, USA.

He began his banking career in 1993 at Morgan Grenfell and Co Limited and worked at Citibank in New York before returning to Nigeria as an Executive Assistant to the Chairman/ Chief Executive of First City Merchant Bank Limited (which later became Plc) in 1996. He has over 20 years’ experience in commercial and investment banking in Europe, the United States of America and Africa.

He is currently the Group Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer of First City Monument Bank Ltd.

Vision, Mission and Core Values Print Email Vision

To be the premier financial services group of African origin.

Our Mission

To attain the highest levels of customer advocacy, be a great place to work and deliver superior and sustainable returns to our shareholders.

Our Values

PSCE – Our core values

Professionalism

We play by the rules (meaning the regulations of the financial service industry, laws of our operating jurisdiction and our own code of conduct).

We uphold absolute integrity and we honour our promises.

We conduct ourselves well in the office, treat everyone we come into contact with respectfully.

We maintain a neat and tidy appearance and environment.

We adhere to high ethical standards.

Sustainability

We nurture the capacity to endure.

We strive to maintain high quality earnings through diversified and repeatable revenue sources.

We abide by the sustainability principles of the Nigerian banking industry which promotes a positive social and environmental impact of the organization and the banking industry.

We maintain appropriate business continuity strategies in respect of our people, premises, technology and information.

Customer Focus

The voice of the customer sets our priorities.

We seek to achieve the highest levels of customer loyalty and advocacy measured by our Net Promoter Score.

Our customer-driven decisions must create economic value for our shareholders.

Excellence

We maintain the highest operating standards (people, processes, environment, appearance, infrastructure, suppliers, financial, customer, compliance and risk metrics).

Best in class (we intend to attain the best performance indices when compared with the leading African banking groups and competitors in our domestic market) .

We focus on continuous improvement in everything we do.