chapter 22

I was back on the plane again..well this time with Grey next to me. I didn't get all the details of what was wrong but something told me it was agent, that something being that Father was the one to call. I mean he was a busy guy running a country wasn't child's play.

As if sensing my foul mood and state of thinking, Grey who sat next to me, patted my back. "Don't worry everything would be fine. "I smiled at his comforting gesture. My relationship with him had shown an upward improvements but now that we where heading home, the dangers that could possible threaten this new found relation had me on the edge.

Looking around I realized that the man in black were not around...infact i hadn't seen them yesterday when I spend the day with Grey and his father. "Hey what happened to the man in black?" I asked and Alex laughed.

"What? What did I say wrong?" I asked again now frowning. Alex laughed a little more before responding.

"Don't tell me you don't know the name of your bodyguards?" He said looking at me. I guess the look I gave him answer that, because in the next minute he laughed again hard... as I have said before, Alexander Taylor smiled an award worth of a smile.

It was exactly 22:00 when we got to the palace. The air was sterile, not that it wasn't any day. There was a Buzz around, everyone was busy running around like a headless chicken at this unholy hour.

"Princess welcome back." Fiona greeted while walking fast towards me. " charming." She nodded towards Alex, who gave me a confused look. I smiled at him before I looked at Fiona's way. "Whats the situation?" I asked her she frowned before she continued to walk along with me and Alex. "It's bad, He is pacing, your mother is wearing black."

Most would think that it was irrelevant that my mother is wearing black, but those who knew her would know that she never wears black... ever.

"What's the cause?" I asked still making my way to the throne room.

"Adeline's ex... we think he is working for some neighbouring country, they have all classified information of the kingdom, including all the finances and such. As we speak they have started to infiltrate us, last night our bank account lost about 10 million anonymously." She responded.

"If it was anonymous, how then do you know it is him?" Alexander asked, that was a good question.
Fiona frowned at first as if thinking. "Honestly we are not sure, but he was the only person to have access in all our details, and has a vendetta against the family."

I may not have liked him but this didn't make sense consideringthe fact that he already had enough money from us to last a life time. "You can keep him on the suspected but I'm not sure that it is him, he could easily get caught and he knows that. In the mean while how's my sister ?" I asked still walking as fast as I could in these dangerous things called heels, looking to my right, Alex was gone. Perhaps he went to take a business call. Lord knows the man lives for it.

"She isn't taking it well my princess, with the revelation of all this information and her ex being a suspect. She feels it is her fault. Fiona said. I was aware that this would totally ruin Adeline, but I wasn't about to let my sister drown in sorrow because she was too blinded by love.

"Please call Ben, set up a meeting with in for tomorrow, I will heard to Adeline's quarters then after I shall go see the king.

I told her before walking away.

**** **** **** **** **** ****

Adeline sat on her king sized bed. Legs crossed looking a little displaced. Her long hair looked out of place and one wouldn't tell that she had been running her hands through it, but as her sister I noticed. She still looked as presentable as ever.

Although we had many differences she was still my sister and I understood her better than most. "Ade." I called out. She raised her head to look at me and the bags under her eyes where becoming prominent.

"You are here, where is Alexander? Did anything happen between you too?" She asked. By now she was in front of me, giving me a bone crushing hug.

I rolled my eyes at her, trust Adeline to worry about that when she was ten to looking like a raccoon. Her failed relationship with Duncan seemed to have given her a new persona, even though I felt bad about her being heartbroken, I was glad that it brought the better out of her.

She slowly let go and I smiled at my sister. We where having a sister bond, a normal one at that. "I'm fine, Grey is somewhere in the castle, God knows doing what. And we resolved our misunderstanding, though I had to punch him in the face first." She gave a faint smile at that.

"Well you never change, you will always be that one princess in sneakers"

I grinned at her. "Look at it like this,if i wasn't who will you lecture about dresses and pointy killing machines you all call shoes." She laughed out loud at that. It was nice to see her smile dispite the terrible state she was in. I frowned before talking again."but the real question is, are you okay?"

I watched as the laughter left her features, all that was left was a air full of suffocating sadness

So I'm dedicating this chapter to you all who wanted an update.
I finally found the courage to get off my lazy ass and type this.

That too during my tight University schedule.

To you my honey bunnies