3

A lot of things were going on through my mind. The most predominant one was how my first day as a gangster trainee was going to be and how I could protect my little brother.

Speaking of Mark, when we arrived home he did not even spoke to me or Johnny who was sitting in the living room, a little bit confused about why we were still out at 3 a.m. in the morning.

I tried to soothe him by telling him that there had been a minor incident and thanked him for the chicken and rice he had brought us. I did not want to get another person that I loved involved: my best friend... and only friend.

When I woke up and thought about what to wear, I also noticed that Mark was already at school.

My wardrobe was sparsely filled: three shirts, two pants...

In the end I picked something neutral that would not bother anyone: a black shirt, jeans and my white converse.

I knew that the big giant would pick me up and I was sure that he did not know at which floor we lived in, so I decided to get out.

When I opened the door I was surprised to see that someone had already raised his fist to knock on it. It was Chanyeol who smiled happily at me. He wore a simple black suit and his black hair was not messy like yesterday but slicked back. He looked really good...

''Hey! Cat, right?'' he asked, still with a big smile on his face.

''Yep and you are... Chanyeol... am I right?'' I asked back and got a big nod as an answer.

''Oh –'' suddenly he exclaimed and bend down to pick something up from the ground. It was two big Starbucks cups.

''I bought us some coffee.'' He casually noted and gave me one of the cups that had a green straw in it.

''Th– thank you.'' was the only thing I could get out. I could not even remember the last time I had something as expensive as a Starbucks-Coffee.

He was so nice! He did not even seem like a gangster.

When we got outside I was met by another black Mercedes that was parked right in front of our apartment door. Based on my instincts I wanted to sit at the back but Chanyeol chuckled a little bit confused: ''What are you doing? Come to the front!'' He announced and held the front-door open for me.

I felt a little bit awkward but followed his demand.

We drove for half an hour until we arrived at the weird, wooden door from yesterday. In the daylight it looked like it was the door to a shed.

When Chanyeol parked the car, I suddenly felt my stomach burning. I was excited, nervous, maybe even a little bit scared...

''Hey...'' I could hear the dark voice from my chauffeur. ''Are you nervous?'' he asked and I could see wrinkles form at the corners of his eyes because he was smirking down upon me.

''I – I think – I am.'' I got out trying to gasp for air.

''It's okay, don't be too hard on yourself. The boys are actually quite nice...'' he tried to comfort me.

It was easy for him to talk like this; he did not need to worry about his organs... or about the ones of his family... or about money... or about getting food on the table.

I sighed and tried to crack a smile: ''Thank you, I will try my best...''

The moment he saw my somewhat positive reaction I could see his cheeks getting rosy and his big smile became even wider. He was somewhat cute... I guess.

When we entered the big, white hall from yesterday Chanyeol opened the first door at the left side. When I entered the room I was surprised by a noise that was so loud that I thought I would die from a heart attack. I let out a weird squeaky noise that made Chanyeol chuckle.

''We are in the gym.'' He explained.

Now I saw it. We were in a big room and in front of me was someone, a gun in his hand, trying to aim at a target across the room... literally across the room. There were no headphones on his ears or a barrier protecting him from a rebound!

In the middle of the room was a mattress and overall there was a lot of gym equipment lying around.

''Baekhyun!'' Chanyeol exclaimed happily and the boy who had practiced shooting turned around in confusion.

When he saw us his face light up adorably: ''Wow. You seem to have found a new best friend.''

I know that he meant it sarcastically but he added just the right tone into the sentence so that you could think that he purposely wanted to come across as sassy.

Baekhyun wore a pink shirt and sweatpants and even though he had the same face like yesterday, the fact that he did not wore a suit t made him look really... cuddly I would say?

''Our boss ordered me to give you something.'' He handed me the gun over that he held in his hands and I felt my heartbeat quicken.

''Sorry, I was tempted to try it out... maybe you can leave it to me once we get your organs.'' Baekhyun stated with a pout and that did not make anything better for me at all.

''The boss... gave me a gun...'' I mumbled to myself and looked at the metallic thing in-between my fingers.

''Of course he did! Boss Suho always says: your gun is like your right arm, only more important!'' Baekhyun exclaimed and looked at me with excitement in his eyes. He must really have a passion for guns and all sorts of violent things like stealing people's organs just for fun. It was so contradicting to his child-like looks and behavior.

''You should try it out.'' Chanyeol suddenly suggested.

So I did. I was nervous and did not really know how to handle this thing so Baekhyun and Chanyeol tried to explain to me how to load it etc.

''Now try to hit the bull's eye.'' Baekhyun said and pointed at the red dot in the middle of the target.

I tried. I really tried to pull the trigger but just now I realized how much my hands were trembling. I was tired and nervous. I could not even get the cold chicken down my throat that Johnny had brought us yesterday. I stood there, aiming at a target without going anywhere and it did not get any better by knowing that I only had one week left to protect my little brother...
Suddenly I felt someone touching my hand gently. I looked up and saw that it was Chanyeol who was standing right behind me: ''It's not easy because it's your first time... let's do it together.''

I was immediately relieved and I truly felt more comfortable. I could hear Baekhyun harrumphing in annoyance but I did not care.

And so I shot. It was loud and I even flinched a little bit but when I opened my eyes again I saw that there was a hole in the target. Not in the middle but in the bottom right corner.

''Thank god...'' I got out because I was truly happy that I did not shot a hole in the wall.

''Wow, not bad!'' Chanyeol exclaimed happily but with a shy tone.

''But not good enough!'' Suddenly a voice appeared in the room.

I turnedaround and then I saw him... Sehun.