Faded Bruises: Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

---------

I awoke with a start.

The soft coo of John's comforting words surprisingly weren't enough for me to open my eyes. I squeezed them tighter, forcing the tears that were forming behind my eye lids to wash away. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and coughed from the sour taste in my mouth.

So, that was all a dream. More of a statement than a question. John had been with me all night. He never left to beat the shit out of Stan and he never got the shit beat out of him by Stan.

I opened my eyes. My vision was blurry from the tears that I tried to hold back. My mouth was dry.

I looked around the room and blinked the hot tears out from my eyes. I felt John wipe them away with his thumbs. I looked over at him. Concern was written on his face and in his eyes. I smiled at him to let him know I was okay. I could tell the smile was a tired and weak smile, it probably showed how I actually felt.

John sighed some relief, his expression changed sweetly and his eyes turned loving. He looked tired. As sick of this situation as I was. I was so finished with all that had occurred over these past few days. I was tired, weak, emotionally and physically drained. I could tell John was too. He was probably more angry than I was.

"Hey." John simply stated. I could tell that I must have stirred quite a bit in my sleep. He smiled at me. That smile His thin lips turned up showing his surprisingly white teeth, judging on the amount of cigarettes he smoked a day. I never really minded the smoking though. That was just John. I didn't want to change a thing.

I smiled up at him. The air felt lighter. some form of weight felt lifted off of my shoulders. I could tell John felt the same way because he smiled a bit bigger than usual.

Maybe that dream was, in some weird way, a closure. A promise for a new beginning. I felt like the way I felt on the first day of summer, just last week. Warmer and brighter than usual. I think John felt the same way too.

I felt like all I wanted was to be with John for the rest of my life. Even when he goes off to America one day and becomes the biggest rock star in the world, with the help of some of his friends, Paul and George. I'll be there with him when he gets stressed, when he gets tired, when he gets scared and when he gets lonely. The way we are this morning, laying together, his arm draped over me while I played with the funny strands of his hair that always stuck out when he woke up.

He chuckled and brought me closer to him. I smiled and kissed his neck while I buried my face into his shoulder.

I do believe the worst is behind us.

---------------

So! Obviously this story isn't over since I've come back. Lately I've felt, in a completely clichéd way, incomplete. like I hadn't finished something. So I thought, CUSS! I never finished Faded Bruises! I really don't know how I will finish this story or even continue it but, its gonna happen and it's gonna happen soon!

thanks for reading and let me know what you think, if you still are reading that is!

ZOEEE