Part 5

"Joe, you can be such a pain, I hope this works," Pop said.

"It has to. It can't go wrong, Pop," Joe replied.

"As soon as the ship gets to America we can mug the lady and get the stones on to the Master. It'll be a piece of cake," he continued. "I'm sure this will go okay we've already done the drop now we just wait for her to get to shore and then we can rescue those kids."

"You really believe the Master won't kill the kids or hasn't already?" Pop asked.

"Yes, he said he would trade the rest of the diamonds for them," Joe pleaded. "Anytime I've dealt with him he's always been on the up and up."

"Ha, oh sure a bad guy with morals right?" Pop said.

"Yeah Pop, we have to trust him it's all we got. Since those kids were abducted I haven't slept a wink. I can only imagine what you're going through."

Pop walked over to the kitchen window and stared outside with a blank look and placed his coffee cup in the sink. "This just has to work son. I can't let those kids be harmed because of me and my mouth. No one would have known they even existed had I not put the word out for bids."

"The police can't do anything about it until so many hours has passed. I've called several times already. I keep getting the runaround from them," Joe said. "It's not like I haven't tried to do it the right way."

"I know son, I know," Pop said.