• 7 •

Sal looked defeated, as he sighed deeply, his fingers running through his hair in distress. I guess I should have reacted differently, showing him that this was all I wanted, but the dooming thought that Hannah was still a part of this wouldn't leave my mind. I had to sort this out, I had to get rid of the bitch, so that Sal and I could be together.

"Yes, Brian. I've just been over this." Sal was beginning to get annoyed with me, and now that I think about it, I can see why. He had just poured his heart out to me, and there I was just repeating myself like a total idiot. I gulped, as I removed the hat from atop of my head and played with it in my hands, as I thought of the best way to handle things. I stood up from the sofa, slowly making my way over to where my shoes were, by the door. Sal scoffed loudly, making me fully aware that he was getting pissed, but I hoped that he'd understand what I was doing. I turned around to face Sal with sympathy, but I guess that it didn't come across that way. Sal looked incredibly flustered and broken, but something inside of me kept me moving away from him. If I was ever going to break up with Hannah, now was the time. No matter how much I wanted to rush over to Sal and tell him the truth, this had to be done first. I don't ever want to be considered a cheater. I reached for the door handle, before Sal cleared his throat, shifting my focus onto him.

"Really, Brian?! You're just going to leave like that?! I've just opened up my fucking heart to you, and all you do is walk out on me? What happened to 'You won't lose me, Sal'?" He shouted, his voice cracking, as tears began to roll down his cheek. As he spoke, Sal stood from the sofa, pointing his forefinger towards me, the pure anger now evident on his face. I just looked down towards my feet, fearing that anything I say would make things worse between us. After a few minutes of silence, neither of us had said anything. Sal raised an eyebrow, waving his hands about, clearly awaiting a response from me. "Earth to Brian, are you going to explain yourself?" He grumbled. I removed my hat once again, fumbling around with it in my hands, as I bit softly at my bottom lip.

"Okay, Sal. No need to get sassy with me. This is a lot to take in all at once." I sighed, as I looked up at Sal. His eyes rolled at my response. I must admit, I probably should have explained myself to him, now that I think about it.

"No shit, Sherlock. Out with it." He snapped. Damn, he really is a sassy little shit sometimes. It's kind of hot, but I knew that if I went to kiss him, he'd just push me off.

"Why me? I'm nothing special. Just a handsome baked potato." I ran my hand through my hair, as a strand kept falling to the front of my face. Sal sighed deeply, he really must have feelings for me, otherwise he wouldn't have put up this charade for so long. He took a step closer to me, a small smile pulling at his lips.

"Why you? Brian...you're everything to me. All your imperfections are perfect to me. I can't explain to you how much you mean to me." He reached for my hand, pulling me slightly closer to him. I flinched at his touch slightly, the heat arising from his soft skin did things to me that only a man of pure lust could do. We had never been this touchy whilst both sober before, and I loved it. "I'm not going to lie to you, Bri. The other night, I-I thought you finally felt the same..."

I chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of my neck with my free hand. I wasn't ready to tell Sal the truth yet, I still had to sort things out with Hannah. Sal crossed his eyebrows, puzzled by my peculiar reaction.

"Why would you think that?" I questioned. Sal stepped back a little. I didn't mean to sound so pissed off, hell, I'd been waiting for this day for a long time. I know what you're probably thinking, why am I not jumping at the chance, seeing as I am in love with Sal. Well, technically I was still with Hannah, and knowing how she could be, I didn't want her to accuse me of being a cheater, and make money selling this story to the media. That's why, okay?

"Um, because it was your idea to play spin the bottle, perhaps? Or the fact that you made your move on me, not the other way around?" He shouted, throwing his arms about in anger. I furrowed my eyebrows. I really didn't want another argument to occur between us, but it seemed that's where things were heading.

"How many times, Sal?! I was drunk! I told you, I get like that when I've had too much!" I yelled back, huffing and puffing loudly. Sal stepped back, I could tell by the look on his face that he was thinking back to that fateful night. I watched, as his eyes widened, before his eyebrows crossed. Sal looked at me, the realisation hitting him.

"Yo-You didn't even drink much that night! You were completely sober! You knew everything you were doing! Brian...what the fuck is going on?!" He screamed at me. I winced, as his voice echoed around the room, ringing in my ears. I swiftly grabbed my belongings, and stormed out of his house. That's it, I'm sorting this out once and for all. I know I shouldn't have taken my anger out on Sal, but this whole thing with Hannah was becoming too overwhelming for me.

"Fuck you, Sal! I was drunk!" I yelled out, as I slammed his front door with a bang. I still to this day, don't know why I lied about being drunk, the truth was out, why did I even bother trying to keep up the lie?

I stomped down his driveway, jumping into my car. I plonked my head against the steering wheel, letting the tears that were desperate to escape fall free. I sobbed loudly, not caring if anyone saw. I needed to let it all out. Once I had managed to calm down, I looked into the rear view mirror, seeing that my eyes were red and puffy. I looked like shit, but it was time to break up with Hannah for good. I started up the car, making my way over to her place. As I was driving, I let the radio play out loudly. I skimmed through the stations, every song reminding me of Sal. Typical.

I finally reached Hannah's place. I walked up the stairs, until I made it to her front door. I knocked, waiting for her to let me in...but it never happened. I knocked again, calling out her name, but to no avail. I found her spare key under the welcome mat, and decided to let myself in. As I opened the door, I heard a gasp, before a bedsheet moved on the couch. There, on the couch, was Hannah and some dude going at it. Hannah sheepishly brushed the bedsheet from over her head, covering up her body. I glared at her, making the best out of the situation. At least now I could blame her for ruining our relationship. Inside I was smiling to myself, but I had to remain pissed on the outside, for obvious reasons.

"Br-Brian...I, er...didn't think you'd be home until tonight." She whimpered. I looked at her, raising an eyebrow, before I turned to storm out of the door. "Wait!" Hannah called out, running after me with the bed sheet wrapped around her. I ignored her, as I continued to walk down the stairs and out to my car. "Brian, I'm sorry!" I stopped in the doorway, turning back to face her.

"Sorry isn't good enough, Hannah! Fuck you! We're over!" I yelled, before climbing into my car and speeding off. It felt great to be free from that bitch, and now, once I had allowed Sal time to calm down, I would have him in my arms.