Sad Goodbye's

Joey POV

I woke up to the sound of Bridgette’s alarm going off. I rolled over, whispered “Good morning” and got up out of bed. I went into the bathroom and got changed into jeans, a striped t-shirt and my Sperry’s. Once I came back into the room, Bridgette was sitting on the bed facing the door. I walked closer to her and then I saw that she was hugging Emily, because she was crying, not wanting Bridgette to leave. Emily was called down to the kitchen for breakfast, then Bridgette got up off the bed, walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me and rested her head on my chest. She started to mumble something, but I didn’t understand what, so I lifted her head and she then told me “I’m going to miss it here, a lot. I just want you to know that I’m happy to have you in my life, and thank you for coming out here. I love you.” After those word escaped her mouth, I put my hands on her cheeks and gave her a quick kiss.

Bridgette POV

Joey kissed me real quick, then I went to change into my outfit for the day. I decided to wear a loose cream sweater, jeans, and my white converse. I put my hair in a loose braid to the side, put on concealer and mascara (only because Joey said once that I shouldn’t wear a lot of makeup). Then Joey and I made our way downstairs for some breakfast, eggs and a smoothie. Joey and I sat at the table with Emily and Jackson. Chad handed us our plates and said “Enjoy” and Jessi gave us our smoothies.

*After breakfast*

I went upstairs and brushed my teeth, and made sure I sure we had everything. Joey was outside with Chad talking about something, I don’t know what though, he was keeping it a secret from me. Honestly I didn’t care, because I know that if he wanted me to know he would tell me. After checking everything, Joey and Chad came upstairs to help with our bags. Joey and Chad took our suitcases and I took our carry ons to the truck. I then went back inside and said goodbye to Emily and Jackson. It was very hard because they didn’t want me to leave. By the time the boys got back inside we were all crying. After all of the crying stopped I said goodbye to Jessi, and Chad took us over to Luke’s to say goodbye to him. We all got into Chad’s truck and drove for 10 minutes, and made it to Luke’s house. We got out and we knocked on the door. We stood outside for a couple minutes then Liam answered the door.

Liam: Hello.

Bridgette: Morning, Liam.

Liam: What are you doing here, I thought you’d be on your flight by now?

We came inside and sat on the couch and talked while Joey and the boys were talking outside.

Bridgette: I wasn’t going to leave until I said goodbye to you.

Liam: I wasn’t sure if you would or not.

Lexi: Liam are you ready for school, we have to get you there in 10 minutes.

Liam: I’m ready. I have to go now, thanks for saying goodbye. I love you.

Bridgette: I love you to, just remember I’ll always be there for you, ok.

Liam: Ok.

Liam wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him for a couple of minutes, and kissed the top of his head then he had to go to school. He left then all the boys came back inside, and I started to cry and I ran over Luke and gave him a big hug. I knew he would be the hardest to say goodbye to. He pulled me away from his chest and said, “Everything with be ok, I love you.” I then said “I love you to, be good and don’t get into to much trouble.” “I should be saying that to you, little missy.” I finally stopped crying and we had to leave so we could catch our flight, Chad, Joey and I, got back into Chad’s truck and drove for another 2 ½ hours to Nashville, to the airport. I sat in the back, looking upset and when Joey noticed he pulled a letter out of his pocket and handed it to me.

Joey: It’s from Liam, he said to give it to you.

Bridgette: OK, thanks.

I opened it and it read.

Dear Bridgie,

I’m glad you came home, it was really nice to see you again. I wish I could see you more, but I know that with your school and Youtube you really can’t that often. I’m glad that you are with someone like Joey, he really is an amazing guy and he makes you so happy. He seems like he keeps you grounded and you do the same for him. I look up to both of you as my role-models, as do a lot of people. I know this was a short letter, but it really has come from my heart. I love you, and I’ll talk to you soon. Bye.

-Liam :)

After I read this letter, I still was sad but I felt good. I knew that I was going back to L.A. and doing what I love. I’m glad even the kids understood that, they truly make me happy. I texted Liam after I read the letter and it said “ Joey just gave me your letter, and it made me feel like 10x better. I love you so much and don’t you forget that. Maybe we can Skype this week, talk to you later. Have a great day at school, and stay out of trouble. :)”  After I sent that I was looking through my texts with Liam and realised that I need to talk to him more. He is growing up now and I don’t see or talk to him that much, which means I’ve missed out on a lot of his life in the years I’ve lived in L.A. That made me feel a little bad, but they understood that with me following my dreams I couldn’t always just sit around and talk.  

Bridgette: Hey Chad, can I ask you something?

Chad: Yea, what is it?

Bridgette: Do you think I’ve made the right choices about my life?

Chad: What do you mean?

Bridgette: I mean, living out in L.A. going to school out there and working for Youtube. I just feel that sometimes you guys aren’t proud of me, because I can’t always talk to you or come and hang out with you or the kids.

Chad: No, we are so freaking proud of you and we love that you are doing what you love. If you weren’t then you wouldn’t have had amazing opportunities, or have met Joey and your “Youtube family.” We know that if we we’re to call you and you didn’t respond, that you we’re busy and you would get back to us asap.

Bridgette: OK thanks Chad.

Joey POV

Chad and Bridgette finished their conversation and I sat there just wondering why she would ask something like that so I asked her.

Joey: Why did you ask him that?

Bridgette: I don’t know, just because there are so many emotions running through my head at the moment and that was one of them.

Joey: Oh ok, I understand.

The rest of the ride was silent until Chad turned on the radio, a county station. I didn’t care for it but it was soothing. And Bridgette would know all of the songs and start to sing, which I loved because she has an amazing voice. After she started to sing the car ride went by pretty fast, and the last hour in the car felt like 5 minutes. We made it to the airport and got all of our bags out of the car then said goodbye to Chad.

Bridgette: I love you, and I’ll talk to you soon.

Chad: I love you and am so proud of you. Have fun back in L.A.

They were hugging for a minute and then Chad started to say goodbye to me.

Chad: Nice meeting you man, and can’t wait until you tell her.

Joey: Nice meeting you to, and I can’t either.

He gave me a hug and then Bridgette and I headed into the airport, we checked in everything and waited for our flight. We had to wait for an hour until our flight was ready to be boarded. Bridgette and I then headed towards Starbucks, because she wanted coffee. So she got a Vanilla Bean Frap. and I got an Iced Soy Chai Tea Latte. After we got our drinks we went and sat down over by where I gate is. We sat there for about 30 minutes before our flight was called. Once it was called we headed towards the gate and got on the plane. Another 25 minutes had passed before we were finally headed back to California.

Authors note

Big things happening now. What is Joey going to tell Bridgette, and when?? find out soon.