Part 2 (Flashback)

Start from the beginning

 "Goodbye, Mother."

Laughing at my annoyed tone, she sets the food down on the table. "Rory, it's going to take Cyan a while to get ready. Eat something while you wait for him."

"He takes longer than most girls do! I can only imagine what he does for so long in the bathroom."

Something I rather not have in my imagination at all.

"If you're hinting at what I think you are, then I think I'm okay not knowing." She answers with a shudder. 

This time I laugh. "I don't think anyone would like to know or see." There is nothing pleasant about seeing you brother naked.

"How is Kale doing? You should invite him over sometime."

"He's been sick since yesterday morning, but I'll invite him when he gets better." I say, forking a pancake onto my plate

"Aw, that poor thing! Noo parents to take care of him or anything." She shakes her head. "I can't believe they just leave him alone for so long."

"Yeah, he gets lonely." 

"You should invite him to stay with us for a couple of days."

I choke on the pancake in my mouth. "Wh-what?"

My mom beams at me. "Kale should come over to live with us for a few days! We can give him the whole family experience!"

"Give who the family experience?" My dad asks, walking in with a giggling Vienna on his shoulders.

"Kale! "Rory was telling me how his parents leave him for weeks and how he gets lonely. So, I told her that he should come over for a few days! You know- to feel like apart of a family!"

"Cathy..."

She frowns at my dad. "What? It's a great idea!"

He puts Vienna down on the ground. "Sure, but they're dating."

"Seriously Nick? If you're worried about them having sex, we can put him in a different room. Though, it's not like they're going to be moaning for the world to hear."

Oh my God. Can I just dig my own grave and die? "Mom!"

"What?!"

"Stop being... weird!"

She gapes at me, offended I would say such a thing. "Aurora Marie West! Don't call your mother weird!"

It was the truth! Honestly, have you ever heard of somebody's mom being this okay with sex? I don't think so. Here's my theory: my mother must have lost all her brain cells as she was pushing me out of her vagina... orr it must be the old age.

Other than that, there is no other explanation.

I duck my head and shove the rest of my pancake in my mouth as mom converses with my dad about the idea.

After a few minutes of arguing, he gives in while mom claps with joy. I shake my head. If she thought I was going to tell Kale about this, she was gravely mistaken.

After finishing up all my food, I grab some snacks and wait by the door. 

“Cyan! Come on! Why are you taking so long?!” I scream up the stairs in frustration after three minutes of impatiently waiting. I swear my brother had no concept of being considerate to other people’s needs. If he did, he would have been down here a long time ago.

When there is no answer, I huff in anger and grab his car keys. If he was going to be a brat, then I would act like one as well.

“I guess I’ll just leave with you car then!”