Acharya shook his head. "Caster you know that when you signed up, a demon hunter never sleeps."

"Fine." But I better get Sunday off.

I got to my feet and followed them out. Acharya led us down many halls. Rodriguez came to my side. He gave me a slight nudge. I gave him an evil glare.

"Ah, come on Caster."

"Don't even start Rodriguez." I didn't want to hear him talk about his girlfriend he's been banging every night. I rubbed underneath my eyes, the pain from the lack of sleep slowly went away. "Hey hold up Acharya."

Acharya stopped and looked over his shoulder. I pointed to the bathroom. He nodded. I sighed with relief. If we were going to do combat training today, I want to relieve my bladder. I don't think my bladder will hold against one of Rodriguez's kicks. Rodriguez usually went after my balls but I have a feeling that he would go after my bladder.

As I washed my hands, I took a quick look at myself. I looked like I was a beaten down raccoon. I placed my forehead against the cold mirror. I really need a vacation before I kill myself from exhaustion. I walked out of the bathroom and found myself on the ground. My head spun and I saw three figures on top of me. Finally all three aligned, my closest friend was sitting on my stomach.

"Hi ya Caster."

"Hi Keva." I smiled. She gave me the most beautiful smile. Acharya cleared his throat and Keva jumped off me. Rodriguez extended his hand to me. I kindly took it and he hoisted me up. He nudged my side and raised his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes as I rubbed my side. I looked away from Acharya as he gave an evil glare. Keva is Acharya's daughter. He always gets antsy or angry when a male is near his daughter. To me honestly, I think he is being overprotective but I wouldn't blame him. Keva's mom died from a demon bite. It was rare and strong demon. The demon injected demon venom into her bloodstream and she died within hours. Keva was five when she saw her mother die. I'm still wondering how she can still put a smile on every day. You say why the Hell is Acharya only snippy towards males and not everyone? It's because the demon was actually Satan himself.

After training, I went to the kitchen to get something to eat. I opened the fridge and found nothing. My stomach gurgled, crying out "feed me". I haven't eaten in days. Some of it was my fault but the rest it wasn't. I sighed as I slammed the fridge door. I sat at the table and placed my cheek on the cool wood. Some of the hunters left their dirty dishes on the table; the smell of a fresh home cooked meal still lingered. I licked my lips and found my mouth dry.

Suddenly a plate landed in front of me. It was one of my favorite meals; steak, corn, carrots and loaded potato which is potato, cheddar and bacon. I sat up and my eyes landed on Keva. She smiled as she placed the utensils and a cup of coffee next to it. I kindly thanked her and ate some of the meal. Every bite felt like I was in paradise. She sat down next to me and watched me enjoy my food. I ate half and passed the plate towards Keva. She glanced at the plate and then back to me. Her eyes told me that she was hurt.

"It was delicious Keva but you need to keep up your strength too." I smiled, lovingly.

At first she was hesitant but then she nodded and began to eat. The little happiness appeared back into her eyes. I could feel my heart warm. The more I was with Keva, the more and more I fell in love with her. I wanted to do everything in my ability to make her happy and safe.

Seven minutes later, I helped Keva clean the dirty dishes that was piled beside the sink. We had fun; laughing, telling jokes and stories. I truly felt like I was dating her but I knew her father wouldn't approve.

*Crash*

I blinked and found Keva picking up the broken dish. I looked down at my hands and saw that it is my dish that broke.

"I'm sorry Keva. I'll get that." I crouched and picked the rest of plate up. I threw the shattered dish in the garbage. I turned to find Keva angry.

"You haven't slept, have you?"

I bit my lip as I rubbed my neck. I couldn't lie to her. "Not in three days' time."

"God damnit Caster." She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the bunker. She placed me on the cot and sat in the chair next to me. "I'm going to sit here until you sleep."

"Keva don't. I got too much to do."

I was slammed back onto the cot. Keva's head hung low. I could feel Keva's despair.

"You don't have any classes today. So why don't you get some rest." she paused "I'm sorry my father has been so tough on you."

"It's not your fault. A demon hunter's duty is to always be on alert and be prepared for the unexpected."

Keva shook her head. "I know that but that is not why my father is being temperamental."

"Then why?"

Keva looked up. My heart hurt when I saw her tear streaked face. I pulled her into my lap and embraced her. She cried into my chest. She shook violently as her body tried to keep up with her. I gently rubbed her back.

Twenty minutes later, she fell asleep in my arms. I placed her on the cot next to me. She turned and snuggled against my chest, which made me hold my breath. After a while, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

I awoke to screaming and yelling. I sat up and found Keva gone. I stretched as I got to my feet but I fell back down. Everything didn't look that bad upside down. Suddenly the door slammed open, letting a great amount of light in. It blinded me for a moment. When my eyes readjusted, Acharya was standing in front of me. Rodriguez was peering around the door frame.

"Hi Acharya."

He grabbed my shirt and slammed me against the metal wall. The breath immediately left my lungs. I heard Keva scream no. Acharya then grabbed my throat. I scratched and clawed at Acharya's hand. My lungs began to sting from the lack of oxygen. Keva ran up and tried to pull her father away from me.

"Dad no."

Acharya pushed her away. Her head struck against the concrete floor.

Why is Acharya doing this? I thought.

Keva got up. "I love him and nothing's going to change that."