Chapter 8

Hi people! So I'm a bit better but not by much. My friend has been cool though and has been giving me encouragement to right more lol. Shes just cool like that. Anyway hope you enjoy

Katniss POV

I was super tired and sore from training. I would've given anything to be back in the woods hunting. I knew the faster I got it over and done with, the sooner I would be with Prim again. Percy and Annabeth walked into the room as Peeta and I walked out of the elevator. We all looked at each other for second. When I couldn't stand it any longer, I blurt out, "I'm taking a shower," and walked out of the room. I let the hot water run over my body for a while. I never had the luxury of unlimited hot water. Back home of we wanted hot water we had to boil it. When I finally finished, I stepped out and got dressed. I put my hair in a loose braid and walked to the dining room. Everyone was already sitting for dinner.

"Nice of you to join us, sweetheart," Haymitch said, already drunk. I immediately wiped my face of emotion. I sat looking at the table, refusing to meet anyone's eyes. Annabeth cleared her throat. "How was training," Percy asked us. I shrugged. Suddenly, I recalled the little girl I saw. I shut my eyes and took a few deep breathes as the Avoxes served us. The little girl reminded me of Prim, they were both so small. I ate in silence letting Peeta answer all the questions. I only vaguely heard the conversation. I was zoned out, taking a bite of food every now and then. Why did this have to happen, I thought to myself. Despite how horrible my life in the Seam was, I would've given anything to have it back. At least there I knew where I belonged. Here I was an outsider.

After dinner, I went back to my room. No one protested. I walked onto the small patio and stared out at the city. All these people really had no idea how horrible life in the districts was. While we were worrying whether or not we would have food on the table or clothes on our back, they were worried about whether or not their hair was in style. I couldn't believe it. It all seemed so unreal. Like I was going to wake up tomorrow and be back in my bed in District Twelve, back to the morning of the Reaping. The morning of the Reaping, right before my life took a horrible twist. The wind blew lightly in my face. I closed me eyes trying to picture myself back home in District Twelve. Back in the Hob or in the meadow with Gale. I opened my eyes back to the Capitol. Back to reality.

When I came back inside, it was dark. I decided to change and go to sleep. I had no idea what time it was but I was tired. Tomorrow would just be the same thing. I put on a comfy shirt and loose sweats. I didn't bother taking my hair out of its braid. I lay awake for a long time, think. What was I going to do in the arena? I didn't want to kill Peeta but I didn't want to die either. Hopefully, Percy and Annabeth had come up with idea. Maybe I should've payed attention at dinner. I figured I'd ask tomorrow. My eyelids seemed super heavy. I closed my eyes and slipped into the same nightmare about my dad in the mines again.

Yeah. I know. This chapter was kind of slow but I really haven't had a lot energy. Don't worry, they'll go into the arena pretty soon. Until the next Time