Chapter 16

~Suzanne's POV~

*2 weeks later*

"Your gonna have to get out of bed at some point!" Yelled Ada as she tried pulling the covers from my tight grasp. "You have been festering in that pit for 2 weeks! I'm am surprised rigger-mortis hasn't set in,"

"Get lost!" I retorted as I coiled myself into a ball hanging onto my duvet with dear life.

"This is not good for you or the baby,"

"Don't tell me what's good for my baby or not!" I shouted burying my face into my pillow.

"Look Suzie it's important that you go for this scan to see how the baby is doing. I have already had to reschedule twice and I am not doing it for a third time," she informed as she stroked the side of my cheek, brushing blonde locks of hair behind me ear as she did so.

"But I'm scared," I chocked up putting me hand onto my bump to feel the baby moving around slightly.

"I know pet but if you don't do it for yourself do it for the bubba, huh?" She said lovingly and I just nodded "Okay," she cooed further pulling me into a hug.

"I'm gonna change then meet you down stairs.

"Kk chuck,"

I sat on the edge on the bed as Ada left me with my feet dangling over the side and my bulging stomach half uncovered because my vest top was too small.

"I wish your daddy was here," I whispered to my belly as I rubbed it in circles "He should be here making me laugh and feeling each move you make," I sobbed lightly.

"SUZANNE! HURRY UP!" Ada screamed from the other side of the door.

I groaned then pushed myself up from the bed and made my way to the wardrobe. I opened the door to see Bruce's clothes beside mine. I brushed my hands over his shirts until I found a black one. I took it from its hanger and threw it on the bed followed by a pair of my leggings.

"Finally your out," Ada sighed as I walked out of the room. "What are you wearing," she frowned as we made our way down the stair.

"Leggings, a cardigan, converse and one of Bruce's shirts," I said casually as I pulled my Parker on. "Do you have a problem with my outfit?"

"No, it's-"

"Good, now let's go and see my baby on the big screen," I patted my bump and I pulled back the front door.

* *

I sat lent back in the plastic chair at the hospital surrounded by other women with bumps large and small. The continuous tapping of my long finger nails on the chair soothed me some what.

A loud groan escaped my lips attracting Ada's attention. "What is it?" She mused putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I hate hospitals," I hissed slouching further into the seat.

"It's the first scan you have had because you missed the others. You'd think you'd be more excited,"

"Yeah well what's there to be excited about. The bulging stomach, the swollen ankles, acid reflux or the pains in almost every bodily join," I narrowed my eyes at my sister before turning away.

"Suzanne Wayne," A nurse shouted at the other side of the waiting room.

At hearing my name I instantly stood up but Ada remained sitting.

"I'm gonna wait here for you," she informed as she took a magazine from the table.

"I don't think so Ada you dragged me here so your coming in with me," I snatched the magazine from her grasp and threw it back onto the table.

"Fine," she moaned as she took to her feet and followed me over to the nurse.

"Hi, I'm nurse marllo," she smiled as we were guided into a side room. "I'll be your midwife throughout your pregnancy, Mrs-"

"Wayne," I added slowly remembering the fact that a few minutes ago she had called out my full name. My bet is she doesn't even know her arse from her elbow.

"I though I regonised your face from somewhere. Anyway if you just lay down on this bed I will check your baby," I just nodded and obeyed the sout ginger nurses orders.

"This will be rather cold," she informed as she squirted some gel onto my stomach causing me to shiver.

The nurse then continued to move a scanned across my bump.

"There he is," she told me as she pointed at the screen.

"He?" I frowned.

"Yes, it seems you are having a baby boy and he is perfectly healthy too,"

My heart sank, it was amazing that I was having a healthy baby boy but the fact Bruce wasn't here to hear it made me sad.

~Bruce's POV~

*2 more weeks later* (I know a lot of time skips lately)

"Two weeks to go Bruce until that bomb goes off. The funny part is that there is not a single thing you can do to stop it. That is except from crying," Ra's Al Ghul's laugh echoed through my head forcing me from my dreams.

Every part of me was drenched in sweat and my heart was beating rapidly at my rib cage. Why did I always let that man bother me?

The other man's advice about going it without a rope seemed like the only idea I could run with.

I stood up from the bed and began to roll food and supplies in a rag. I can do it this time I know it. I have to if I ever want a chance to see Suzie alive.

"Supplies for your journey?" asked my aid as he walked in.

"Yeah," I nodded as I made my way over to where all of the other men were waiting for me to potentially bash my head in on the prison walls.

One of the men offered me a rope yo climb with but I shook my head and started to climb up to in what I hoped to be freedom.

When I got to the part where I had fallen each time of late I felt my heart leap up into my mouth. I inwardly preyed to get out of the purgatory and to not fall to my dead.

I managed to muster up enough courage to leap up into the air and to feel the above rock in my hand. I had done it!

"That's for you Suzie! " I screamed inside my head.

The cheers of all of the men below me as I climbed out could be heard loud and clear. Now all that was left for me to do was to get back to Gotham and to stop that atom bomb from ripping through the town killing everyone on its way. So not much pressure then.