Chapter 6

"Adessa." Loki said and Amy noticed he had the worried face. Who was she?

Loki stood up and nodded in acknowledgement to her, briefly.

"What a surprise! I never thought I would see you here again!"

The woman's voice was loud and it annoyed Amy, actually all about her annoyed Amy.

Adessa was connected to the royal family of Alfheim, she was tall and had a body many women would envy. Her hair was dark brown and it was held in a knot with a few curls falling disarranged. She had red lisptick on, which Amy thought didn't go with her dress color. And most of all, she didn't like the way that woman looked at Loki.

"It's a quick trip." Loki said quite dryly.

Adessa laughed a bit and sat herself at the same table they were. Loki sat again, clearly aware that Amy didn't like Adessa, which wasn't a surprise for the woman had quite the temper.

"Who is the child?" She asked gesturing to Amy. Yeah that was it, she officially didn't like the woman.

"This is Amelia of Asgard." Loki said casting a slightly amused look at Amy knowing she probably was plotting to rip Adessa's head by now.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Amelia of Asgard." Amy tried her best to give a natural smile. "And what are you two?"

"She's a friend." Loki wasn't very pleased with the woman's presence either.

"It's been a long time." Adessa said disregarding Amy.

"It has." Loki said.

"You have changed a lot; one could doubt you are Loki Odinson by seeing you now."

"One would be right to." He thought the news of him had spread to Alfheim, how come she didn't know?

"My father would like to see you, why don't you come visit? I still live in the same place."

All Amy could think of was 'please say no please say no'.

"I am sorry but I am afraid we don't have the time." Loki said much to Amy's relief.

"Oh, where are you going then?" *puff* her head exploded, at least in Amy's mind.

"The Gray Pond." Said Loki after a quick thought. He wasn't planning on that but was the first thing that came to his mind and it was far from where they were so would have to do.

"Oh, I love the Gray Pond! And I quite fancy a walk, the weather is pleasant today."

Amy gave Loki 'The Look' and he knew Adessa noticed it. The woman didn't care, she had always been crazy about Thor but he dumped her after their first date, since then she invested in Loki. He never liked her but he couldn't lose his charming posture so he used to encourage her flirting. But that was a long ago, he was young and vain. He wasn't interested in her at all, actually, it had been a while since he'd last had a woman. He didn't feel the need to. He couldn't stand Jane of Midgard and Sif even less, he wondered if Amy would become like them, no, not his Amy.
Refusing Adessa's company would be a difficult task if Loki were a nicer man which was not the case here, let's be honest.

"I believe we will have to recline, but it's been pleasure meeting you, Miss Woodphrey."

She had seen that coming, but she wouldn't let the chance slip away, she might never see Loki again and she had to try and get what she wanted, she always did.

"If you are sure, Odinson. I will give your regards to the Woodphreys, they'll love to know you're around."

Damn the minx, he knew she would. Her brothers were in the list of people to avoid in Alfhaim, normally he wouldn't run from a fight but he couldn't risk Amy's security and he wasn't really in the mood.