A First For Everything

Ciao! Some of you might recognize this from my Instagram! Just thought id let you know! Okay.. I now present you with A First For Everything!
-KatieKat! (;

~~~~~

"You've got to be kidding me (Y/N)!" I hear Austin shout from upstairs. Instead of yelling back I just look back down at the pots in the sink. I should be washing them but they wouldn't be washed right. I should be doing the laundry too but I wouldn't do it right either. Everything I've done in the past two weeks haven't been right for Austin. Instead of seeing I'm trying, he keeps picking out my flaws...
"You were supposed to mail this!" A voice comes from behind me. I turn around as Austin slams the letter on the bar. My eyes go wide as I see it. It was Austin's letter of acceptance for opening up the musical festival in a couple weeks. It's deadline was two days ago and that's when I was supposed to have mailed it. I completely forgot..
"Austin.." I start but he shakes his head and starts walking out of the room.
"I'm sorry"
"Just stop!" He growls and turns around. "Stop doing everything, okay? I'm tired of you fucking shit up. You don't know how to do anything right." He throws his hands up in the air trying to show his anger. "You're just a bitch"
My heart just sank. Did he just call me a bitch? My body must have shown my reaction because his whole tone shifts.
"(Y/N), I'm sorry. I didn't me-"
"No Austin. You meant it. But you know what? You're just as much as a bitch as I am. I've been trying my hardest and I'm getting sick and tired of your attitude! I go to school all morning, work all afternoon and come home to be a slave to you. I cook, I clean, I even do the stupid little things you don't even think about. Yet all you do is yell at me. Nothing I ever do is right," my words make my voice tremble. I know I'm on the verge of tears and I'm not sure I gonna be able to keep them contained anymore. "And I'm done trying," I add as I grab my keys and my wallet.
"(Y/N) wait," Austin tries to say as he comes towards me, reaching his hand out to stop me. Before he can stop me my hand presses against his chest.
"No. I'm done waiting."

I take off before he can stop me. I run down the front steps of the house and make it to the garage before he could even think. I'm telling the truth. I'm done waiting for him to be nice. I'm done waiting on a apology. I'm done waiting for everything to fall back into place like it was when we first started dating. He's not the Austin I know. And clearly he's not the Austin I love. I know couples fight, but what's the point of being in a relationship if sadness and heartache is the only thing left?
My car roars to life in a flash and as my head spins around in the thoughts of what had just happened, I speed down the interstate without regrets. Hours go by and I don't hesitate to stop. I don't know where I'm going and I don't know when I'm gonna get there. I just have to keep driving. A red flashing light beeps at me as my gas gage reaches it's empty. I glance around at the scenery around me and spot a gas station. My heart flutters when I see just what gas station it is. This is the place Austin and I had our first date...
No, not at the gas station, but at the little dinner that was connected to it. I can't stop here... But I must. I don't really have a choice...
The night air swirls around me as I step out and start pumping gas. My eyes stare at the sign of the dinner. In front of that sign was the first picture Austin and I ever took together...
We had a bunch of firsts here.. Maybe this is a sign.. But of what? That this was the past and I should let it go, or is it just the beginning and I should hold on.

I finish up and pay swiping my credit card across the key pad. A sleek car pulls in and I watch as a hooded figure walks inside the dinner.
That means it's open...
A part of me wants to go in, but a part of me wants to just get in my car and cry.
I get in a pull around to a parking spot near the front door and turn off my ignition. I get chills as rain starts pouring down on my window. This is a sign (Y/N). Just back out and go somewhere else. But where? I have no place to go. I can't just go home. I don't know what to say to Austin. I don't know if we're done for good this time.
The door bell rings as I walk inside. The place is dark with a few lights glowing inside. It's so romantic still...
"Hi, how many?" A girl asks as she walks up and starts grabbing menus.
"Just one," I speak and my voice cracks. I shake my head and clear my throat. I can't cry. I'll look stupid.
She smiles and starts walking towards the back.
"Right this way"
I nod and follow her. My heart starts skipping as we get closer and closer to the booth Austin kissed me for the first time in. It seems as if the universe is doing this on purpose.
She stops and points to the booth with the man in the hooded figure from earlier in it. He's sitting in Austin and I's booth...
"He been waiting." She whispers and sets down the menu across from him before walking away. I furrow my eyebrows in suspicion.
"Austin?"

Slowly, he pulls his hood off and looks up at me. His eyes are bloodshot and water streaks run down his cheeks.
"I followed you... I'm sorry I just cou-..." He speaks before his words just trail off. His voice seems so unusual. I've never seen him like this. I let out a small sigh of hope. He cares...
His eyes leave mine and go to the seat in front of him. I take the signal and sit down. He sniffles and quickly wipes stained cheeks.
"(Y/N) I've fucked up. I don't know why I've treated you like shit. Nothing has been your fault. It's all been mine."
"No Austin, I've messed up. I should have mailed that letter. I didn't mean to forget. It just-"
"Stop," he interrupts me by placing his hand across the table. I hesitate in letting him take my hand, but feel a huge sigh of relief by his touch. His thumb rubs little circles over my palms making the butterflies dance around in my stomach.
"I'm trying to tell you I messed up and you're telling me sorry. This is why I fell in love with you. You always take the blame no matter the consequence."
My cheeks burn red as a small smile flushes on his mouth. "One day that's gonna get you in trouble."
I look down and pray it doesn't.
"How did you know I'd come inside?" I ask, looking back up at him.
"I didn't. I just hoped. I knew if you pulled away that it was over and I was hoping I wouldn't have to see that happen."
I let grin seep on my lips and mumble "Our first fight"
"Our first make up," he adds looking deep into my eyes.
"I never said I forgive you," I smirk and pull my hand away. He gasps and places his hand over his heart. I laugh and scoot over kind of hoping he would come over and sit next to me. It takes him a minute but he gets the clue. He slides in and wraps his arms around me as if it's our last hug.
"I'm so sorry (Y/N). Will you please forgive me??"
I snicker and look out into the parking lot at the rain. Rain is a beautiful thing if you think about it. Sometimes it makes you feel sad, but other it makes you wanna crank the music loud and dance around until you're soaking wet. Love is the same way.
"You know I'm not gonna let you go until you say yes?" Austin mumbles into my side. I wrap my arms around his stomach making him sit up straight. "I forgive you"
His lips press to my forehead in a soft resemblance.
"I told you I loved you in the very spot exactly 2 years ago today. I didn't plan for this happen like this but somehow it did. When I said forever and always (Y/N), I meant it. I love you and I will never stop."
My head raises up and his fingers pull my mouth to his. No matter the drama, faint has us together for a reason. I don't like fighting but if it means keeping Austin forever, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
"I love you too"