Chapter 9- I'm Sorry

Charlotte POV

I was hysterical. Aiden tried to have his way with me. I knew that work was going to be awkward with him there, probably waiting for me. I immediately took my laptop out and began typing my resignation letter. After typing and printing the resignation letter, I changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth, and went to bed knowing what I was going to face tomorrow and how much I might hurt him.

The Next Morning

I woke up, dreading what I had to do. After preparing for my last day, I walked to the garage where my car was parked. "No note this time." I exclaimed. I proceeded to drive away towards McGinnis. I pulled up and saw Spencer talking to Aiden. Oh shit! I thought. Aiden was probably waiting for me. I stayed in my car and waited for Aiden to leave. He looked so damn handsome. His chiseled face, his stocky frame and intimidating aura. If he wasn't my boss, I would have had sex with him. His erection was pressing against me, which made me let on a small moan last night. I want to climb him so badly Stop it! That's gross  my mind said. Aiden took off with his group of thugs. After, I jumped out of my car and yelled, "Spencer!" He turned around and greeted me. "Spencer, I hate to tell you this but I have to resign." "No! Why? The business is doing so well and its good money. Please don't go." Spencer begged. "I have to. I can't say why. Just know that working here was fun and I'm sorry." Spencer sighed and took my letter. He gave me a hug and said, "Look, I'll mail you your check. It was nice knowing you." I smiled and walked away. "Wait, are you leaving New York?" Spencer asked. "No, I'll be here for college. I'll just look for work elsewhere. Thank you again Spencer." I walked away, feeling free of the job and of Aiden. 

Spencer POV

After Charlotte left, I called him. "You're right. She resigned. What are you gonna do to her?" Aiden replied, "What I have to. I need her." With that said, he hung up.