Chapter 27 Edmund

This whole time, a voice in my head was ringing- probably Susan's...

" Who exactly are you doing this for?"

Who WAS I doing it for?

I ran up the tower to the top and ran outside, sealing the door with my torch. It wasn't for long that I knew the soldiers were going to barge in through the door and then I would be stuck.

I heard the yells and sudden noises of armour on the wooden door.

This was my end.

The last thought I would think of....

ROSE

.....................................................................................................................................................

Kaboom!

I had landed in the familiar feeling of feathers and at last, the eagle flew me into the air.

As I watched the battle commencing I went past a window, where a soldier seemed to be attacking a girl, laid on the bed.

Rose.

" Get away from her!" I shouted as I smashed through the window- like Tarzan and fought off the disgusting looking soldier.

" Edm-" She mumbled but seemed to trail off and I realised the blood stain in her clothing.

" What happened?" I said concerned.

" Shot" She said it, smiling.

" What does it look like?" She smiled bigger.

"I get it!" I replied, which made me smile.

" Thanks" She said, as I wrapped a piece of clothing around her arm, and made it into a sling.

"No problem" I said, with great pride.

I picked her up bridal style as she looked like she was about to faint and helped her onto the eagle, in which I joined her and we flew off.

" Fall back!" I heard Peter say faintly down below.

I immediately had a feeling that Caspian might risk his life to venture back into the castle to find Rose, when she isn't there!

" Caspian!" I knew this would draw attention, but it was my best shot at it.

"Ed? Is that Rose?" Caspian yelled back.

" Yes! Watch out!" Rose screamed.

We watched as Caspian blocked the threat of death, of the soldier behind him, and I heard Rose taking a nice, long, relieved, sigh.