Chapter 9

A very awkward chapter- you'll see what I mean :) but hopefully it makes you smile. Jules x

Chapter 9

Frank and Ellis stood there smiling; Jonathan wore his customary frown at the moment. He was held back from the bed by his two best friends.

“Let me go!” he growled.

“Shush you will wake them.” They chastised him. His scowl deepened.

“But we can’t leave her like that with him!”

“Shush!” Ellis clapped a hand over Jon’s mouth. The two happy men smiled over the sleeping couple. Bianca sprawled on top of Mitchell their legs tangled together, his still covered by britches, hers bare, the rest of her body barely covered by her chemise, her head resting on his gently rising chest, his cheek resting against her soft hair.

“She’s almost naked!” they heard Jon complain behind Ellis’s hand. The muffled sound and Frank and Ellis’s laughter stirred the sleepy couple into finally waking. Mitchell was the first to properly come to his senses and scowled back at Jon as was their now customary response to each other.

Bianca took a bit longer, freezing in place on top of Mitchell hoping he was still asleep and did not realise where she was, then when she realised he was not only awake but they also had company she blushed furiously and hastily rolled off him to the side. Mitchell caught her by the waist quickly before she rolled completely over the edge of the bed and threw the sheets over Bianca's near nakedness, knowing she valued her modesty. Everyone was distracted from Bianca's embarrassment when Ellis yelled and shoved Jonnie away from him.

“He bit me on the hand!”

“I had something important to say and I couldn’t very well do so with your hand over my mouth,” Jon snapped. “You are getting married as soon as the banns can be called, three weeks from this coming Sunday. You’ll be married on the third Sunday straight after mass.”

Bianca stared at him wide eyed. So soon?” Mitchell just grinned roguishly and pressed a light kiss to Bianca's open mouth. That caused her to blush even more. He was so openly physically affectionate already and they weren’t married yet. It was so inappropriate and when they married she would have to have… Bianca stifled a sob at the idea.

She could not do that with a man! Could she? Mitchell made her feel things she had never felt before and they were good things. Would it be like when he kissed her? That would not be so bad she supposed. She needed to know more she surmised. Juliana would tell her she hoped. Mitchell watched with curiosity the emotions flickering across his wife-to-be’s face; shock, fear, worry, understanding, hope. But not happiness. He hoped she was not completely adverse to the idea. He needed to keep her safe. To keep her as his.

“Bianca we need to leave now before Jewel, Maddie and Kate go mad with worry. You can return to Mitchell after the wedding and you will see him at mass each Sunday until then.” Frank reassured her when he saw the worry flit across her face at the idea of leaving Mitchell. “Get dressed we want to leave soon.” Frank and Ellis left the room together but Jonnie stayed behind.

“I’ll be staying if that’s alright with you Connaught. I’d like to get to know my new brother-in-law before you wed my little sister. We have a marriage contract to agree on too.” Jon informed him calmly and coolly with a menacing undertone. Mitchell nodded his agreement. Jon left too and Mitchell climbed off the bed and went into the adjoining lounge to allow Bianca to dress in private.

~

Juliana, Kate and Maddie swamped her when Frank helped her down from Jupiter’s back. Then Kate’s temper was unleashed.