Chapter 15: See what little 'living' did to me

Chapter 14- What good did 'living a little' did to me?

"Whoa! Is that Emily Sky?" Hunter said in mock surprise.

"Don't sound so surprised." I muttered. My mood was kinda low and the fact that Castle left me as soon as we entered the venue didn't exactly make me feel better.

"Why, I mean...you look hot!" He loosened his shirt and waved his hand towards his head. Dramatic.

"Says the guy who was surrounded by girls." I taunt.

If Dylan Castle has the ability of making me angry by not even speaking, then Hunter Dare had the ability of making me smile. However, the smile didn't reach my eyes but it was better than Sulky Emily. I looked around, trying to look for Castle. The party was huge as was the venue. It was a party in the remote areas of the town. I could see forests surrounding this place. Were we out of town? How long was the drive? Why was I inattentive? Why were my emotions all over the place? Did I start my periods today? No...the date was far away still.

Damn the hormones for getting active without any reason.

"Well those girls are easy picks. I have my eyes on you." He winked at me but I didn't feel blush rise to my cheeks as it happened with Castle. Ugh! Why am I even thinking about him?

"You want a drink?" Hunter asked me.

"No, I don't drink." I said.

"What? C'mon, one drink cannot harm anyone." He insisted.

"No Hunter." I shook my head and smiled.

"Emily c'mon. Are you scared?" He wiggled his eyebrows and suddenly what Castle said earlier came to my mind.

Live a little.

I turned my eyes around the party and saw Castle surrounded by some wild and already wasted girls. The number of girls around him was a lot more than the girls surrounding Hunter. Castle probably caught me staring at him because he winked at me. I immediately moved my gaze and blushed.

Now he'll think I am attracted to him.

You are. You are just denying it.

Yeah whatever. Stop it.

"So Emily, wanna have a drink?"

"Sure. Bring it on." I said.

Stupid Emily, Stupid Emily! How can you let an annoying guy's words affect you to change your habit?

I ignored the voice and gulped down the drink that Hunter brought for me. It tasted badly would be an understatement. I rather drink my Mom's bitter gourd juice that wasn't exactly edible or drinkable in this case.

"Are you ok?" Hunter asked which probably meant that my feelings were too evident on my face.

"Yeah. Bring me another one." I said as I saw shock flicker through Castle's face. Yeah, if this shocks him let me continue.

"Way to go girl." Hunter said, clearly amused as he went to get another drink for me. I gulped down the second drink and I was feeling dizzy. Enough. I won't take chance with my health just for a mere guy.

"You want another one?" Hunter asked me as he tossed down his drink. Was it his fifth drink? I don't know but he for sure was handling it better than I was.

"I'll need the washroom." I admitted as I moved away from him.

"Alright." I heard him mutter.

I don't know if it were the drinks or my brain tonight but I was stupid enough to roam about a unfamiliar place. It had been fifteen minutes since I was searching for the washroom. If I walked any further, I would enter the jungle and I wasn't sure if I could protect myself from the bears or any wild animals out there. I saw a guy walking towards me and relief flashed through me. At least someone was here! I was all alone in this dark part.