99

- the next day
(Justin's pov)

9:23
The three red numbers stared brightly at me from my nightstand. Barely having the physical strength to do so, I pulled myself up against the headboard and fell against it. It was only then I noticed that I was alone.
"Babe, Selena!" I yelled out the loudest I could in my groggy voice. My body ached as it moved, now not only was my mind emotionally exhausted my physical strength had been drained.

"Sel you in here-"  I lights pushed on the wooden bathroom door, peeking in to find nothing but an empty space.

Confusion and worry caused me to quicken my pace through the hallways. Where could she have gone? Or more importantly what could she have done?

By the time I had reached the bottom of the stairs, my heart beat was erratic and I want completely sure I was breathing.
"Se-" my words were cut short when I saw her emerging from the kitchen, her body frozen with the exception of her feet barely moving.

"Selena?" I stepped closer and almost on reflex she stepped back.
"Sel, what's wrong?" I reached my hand out, concern evident in my voice.

"You told her."
Finally looking up, her face said it all. Bloodshot with tears, her eyes were even heavier with pain, something I wasn't sure was possible. Tears created paths down her face, her voice cracking with those three words.

"What Selena told- who se-"

Sniffling in, her face creased in pain.
"You told Carly I lost the baby."

Suddenly it was as if I could feel the walls around us crash down.

"Selena she was I just.... I'm sorry, it just came out" my heart pulled itself apart, no longer being worthy of being whole.

"That was personal. She was our baby and you told her."

"Se-"

"And not just that you told her you want kids. You told her you were scared you wouldn't get that chance again-"
She gasped out her words between muffles of tears.
I could feel my own welling up and dripping down my still face.

"Baby please"

"you told her you were scared you wouldn't get that chance becAuse I couldn't  have kids! and you told me that whatever happens happens, that it was okay!" " the out told me it went my fault!" Her head was thrusting with every word she choked out, my own feeling like it would shatter at any moment.

"You told her the truth and you lied to me!" Her voice was cracking at her last words, barely able to make them out.

"Selena I'm sorry-" I called as she tried to step away from me. "Baby please-"

"No, I lost our baby, and you told her. You told her all of it" a muffled moan of sadness escaped her mouth and she pushed me and ran up the stairs away from me. Away from me for good.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18 minutes before
Selena's pov

A pounding in my head was loud enough to make even the silence that engulfed the house rip through my brain like glass breaking around my whole body.

A weight on my eyelids barely allowed me to wake up, something I wasn't entirely sure I ever wanted to do. 

My body left dry, my lips pulsing of dehydration, my skin sore and rough, my whole body barely able to get enough energy to stand.