8 | Liam: The End

Start from the beginning

"Of course." Liam nodded, kissing me before putting his car into drive. He had dropped me off at Jessica's so many times that he knew the route by heart.

I had never really wanted to be dropped off at my own house.

We made it to the Ward's in ten minutes and I hopped out of the car, giving Liam a goodbye kiss before closing the car door and walking up to my best friend's house.

"Hey, I have a situation." I said as she opened the door, not bothering with a "hello".

"I didn't know you were coming over today. What's up?"

    "Yeah, I had to get advice on something with Liam and I didn't want to go home. So can you help?"

    "That's what I'm here for." Jess nodded as we ran up to her room, shouting hello to her parents as we went.

    "So what's the deal?" She asked, tossing me a pink lemonade from her mini fridge and plopping down on the floor. I sat down across from her, my legs crossed as I popped open the can.

    "So Liam wants us to meet each other's families."

    Jess almost spit out her Diet Coke.

    "Well that was a quick change of pace for Mister Touchy-Feely."

    I rolled my eyes, trying not to laugh.

    "Yeah, whatever. I'm just worried because he invited himself over to my house immediately, instead of inviting me to his first. Am I paranoid or is that strange?"

    Jess thought for a moment.

    "If you were anyone else, I would say you were completely paranoid and devoid of any ideas of what a relationship is."

    "Harsh. Continue."

    "But, judging from the ridiculous and rude things your previous boyfriends have done concerning your family, I would say you should be careful. What did you tell him?"

    "I said I would try to find an open day and run the idea over with my parents."

    "Perfect." Jess nodded, starting to get excited. "So just go back to him and tell him that your parents aren't available this week, but they're available sometime next week. Say that you can always meet his family first."

    "Why do I want to meet his family first? If he just wants to meet my dad, he'll let me meet his family and then still be odd when he comes to meet mine."

    Jess rolled her eyes.

    "You naive, naive child." She shook her head, "Do you honestly think that he will want you to meet his family if he just plans on ending things with you after meeting your dad? No way. Once a guy introduces a girl to his family, they ask about her for the next year. So he's not going to want to deal with all that if he's only in it for the fame."

    I nodded.

    "I guess that makes sense."

    "I only make sense."

<><><>

    I climbed into Liam's car, running out of Jessica's house to meet him. I desperately needed to get my license so I could stop depending on other people for rides.

    He greeted me with a long kiss that I returned happily, forgetting Jessica's plan for a brief moment. After he drew away, he put the car into drive and started to head towards my house to drop me off.