Something New (pt. 1)

"Hey" Lydia mumbled as she poke her feet at Stiles

"What?" the boy in plaid turned over from his computer. 

"I'm bored" Lydia sighed. "What do you think the others are doing?"

"Scott is visiting Kira, Malia is busy with Peter stuff and the little ones are probably somewhere - I don't know" Stiles murmured as his fingers jump up and down on his keyboard, making tapping noise. 

"What are you doing?" Lydia questioned innocently as if a child talking to an adult.

"You're really bored, aren't you?" Stiles rolled his eyes over to the strawberry blonde girl.

"I literally just said that" Lydia glared back as she raises her eyebrows in a tone of 'I told you so'. 

They squinted at each other for a while, lost with what to do since there was no evil things to slaughter just yet - subconsciously taking in the details of each other's faces, in a way they both would never notice until one day they start missing each other and it was all they could think about. It was the little moles on Stiles' face and the shape of Lydia's nose. It was the little things that become so important when memorising. 

Stiles turned back to his computer and as he was about to continue typing, Lydia asked "Do you think I'll ever get married?".

"Alright, alright" Stiles breathed out as he folds his laptop. "What's up, Martin?"

"Do you think I'll ever get married?" She repeated. 

"Yeah, probably, I think?" Stiles replied, hoping to god it would never be anyone else up on the altar. 

"Why do you sound so unsure, am I not marriage material?" Lydia raised her eyebrows as she sat  up, holding onto a thick book.

"Don't you dare hit me, future cat lady" Stiles chuckled. 

Lydia glared at Stiles as she slowly holds up the book - "You want to bet?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" the brown haired boy continued laughing. "Are you hungry?"

"What?" Lydia squinted. "How is this eve-"

"Shh, are you hungry?" Stiles smirked.

"Yeah, I guess" Lydia replied, her mind still not being able to comprehend how the topics are related.

"Let's go get some food" said Stiles as he stood up.

"Alright then" Lydia nodded. "Fair enough but you still didn't answer my question"

Stiles took off his plaided shirt and pulled on his black blazer he thought he would never wore again. 

"Why did you change?" the girl in a flowery blue dress asked.

"Oh, I have something planned alright" Stiles winked as he began walking towards the door.

--

"Stiles, why did you take me to such a fancy place?" asked Lydia, still trying to pull pieces together.

"You wanted to know if you were going to get married, right?" Stiles giggled, looking at the girl opposite him. Classical music playing in the background whilst bottles of wine are being poured all round.

"You're not proposing are you?" whispered Lydia, her voice full of horror. "Stiles, we're not even dating. I know that we-" 

"No, no, I'm not going to actually propose to you today. Jesus Lydia, calm down" Stiles chuckled.

"Today?"rang in Lydia's mind. Not sure whether she was overthinking or is literally just hearing the truth with how the words were said. The thought struck her but she buried it under layers of other things in the box with Stiles on written on it for other sleepless nights.