17

Chapter 17: Hello Brother

Valeria

"Tony, don't shoot him."

"He took you away from me twice. I'm not going to let that happen a third time."

Giovanni walked beside Tony.

"Hello Brother."

Giovanni and Victor stared at each other.

Abram walked downstairs with Alissa over his shoulder. He stopped when he noticed the scene in front of him.

He threw Alissa down and withdrew his gun. He pointed it at Tony.

"Alissa?", Tony said, eyes wide.

Alissa, who was now untied, ran to Tony.

"Miss me, babe?"

I glared at them. Giovanni looked at me with soft eyes.

"Untie me."

Victor quickly untied me.

"Abram, withdraw your weapon. I'd like to go to my room now."

Tony pushed Alissa away.

"Valeria, no. Please. Come home with me."

"I need to think, Tony. I need to be here for awhile. Away from you."

He walked towards me. His hands caressed my face.

"No! Please, I can't lose you again. I can't function without you. You didn't wait for me to wake up, just to leave me again."

"Tony, I can't live like this. I was miserable with Alexei. I'm in love with you and I care so much about you. I can't live in fear for the rest of our lives."

"You don't have to because I promise that I'm always going to come back to you. No matter where we are, I'm going to be there for you."

"This isn't where I planned to do this. I planned to do this the day I got shot. I wanted to take you out to the creek on a picnic and after you finished your lunch, I would get on one knee."

I gasped as Tony dropped down on one knee. He pulled a small black box out of his pocket.

He opened it revealing a Halo style ring with a big diamond in the center with smaller diamonds wrapped around it.

"Tony."

"I promise to love and protect you and our daughter for the rest of my life. When I first laid eyes on you, I knew you were special. Valeria Bout, You are my yesterday, my today, my forever. Will you marry me?"

Tears fell down my cheek.

"Yes."

Tony eyes widened and he grabbed my hand.

He slid the beautiful ring on my finger.

He picked me up and twirled me around.

"Valeria, you all have to go. The rest of the men will be down here soon and they're expected to see a corpse."

"Victor, what about you? They'll kill you."