Part 27: turn it off

He had gotten weaker and weaker, he was now on a life support machine, he was that ill.

I never left his side and I was a bit of a reck. the doctor told me what there wasn't a cure and that it was time to turn off the machine.

Even Isabelle though it was for the best.

One night I was with dren in his room, Isabelle, tarb and the doctor walked in.

"What's going on here?" I asked

"Zoey, we need to do the right thing" said tarb.

"No, no no, he's still warm, he's still breathing, he's alive" I shouted

"Zoey, there's nothing we can do, it's all for the best". Isabelle spoke.

"Really, just kill him then him, turn of the machine and kill him" said Rebecca who was listening at the door.

"Rebecca, this isn't for you, go back to your room" said Isabelle.

(Rebecca runs of) "tarb can you go see if she's alright, please" I asked him.

(Tarbs walks out)

"Miss, it will be over soon" said the doctor.

I sat back down in the chair I had.

"Can I have a minute with him"

I said and everyone left.

"Hey, baby, it's Zoey, I'm not sure what to say but I love you so much, I will never let you go, I won't move on or love another man, please sleep well, don't forgot us, don't forgot the babies, don't forgot tour family. I love you" I kissed his head and walked out to the door.

"I'm ready" I said to the doctor.

"Do you want to stay in the room" he asked.

"Can I please"

"Yes you may" he said and started unhooking the machine from his body, and powered it down.

There wasn't a tube in sight of his body or a mask on his face. I went back down to his side, I saw his chest going up an down slowly and then it came to a full stop.

His hand fell and he died there and then, right by my side.